AAWA is here!! (The Association of Anti-Watchtower Activists)

by cedars 535 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• clarity
    clarity

The Association of Ant-Watchtower Activists ... I like it!

It is a kick-ass name ! Now let's KICK ASS!

clarity

• alecholmesthedetective
    alecholmesthedetective

I am opposed to the Watchtower--its harmful policies, its protection of paedophiles over innocent children for the sake of the organization, its harmful control of the members' minds, its brainwashing of members into believing they'll cheat death and other lies, its shameful profit out of the slave labour of its members. I could go on.

Therefore, I am anti-Watchtower.

I am an anti-Watchtower activist.

I support the name, and AAWA.

Alec

• LV101
    LV101

Very impressive --- and what a team! How exciting and I've donated.

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

alecholmes

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

At the moment the group is incorporated under that name, so that is the name that will be used for the time being.

Please continue to submit suggestions for better names.

Before that name was settled on, there was a lot of debate and many suggestions were offered. It is always best to present a "positive" image of the group, but sometimes a stronger, more forceful name is more effective early in the game. We want to make sure that everyone knows which side of the fence we are all staning on at the onset.

A name like "Jehovah's Witness Support Team" is nice, but what does it mean? Are we for, or against? Are we a subsidiary of the Watchtower, or an anti-Watchtower group? I could go on and on, but today I don't want to bore you. I will save that for another post.

There are as many, if not more, supporters for the name as it is and there are critics. I'm sure that the name will be a major discussion topic at every meeting of the board for the foreseeable future.

So please read line 2 again and go forth...

JV

• smiddy
    smiddy

By far the vast majority of people responding to this post are for it, AAWA ,as I am. However I too have reservations about the" Anti" word as it does seem to put us in the realms of class warfare against the average jehovah`s witness , us against them so to speak , when this is really not the case ,we are not against the average rank and file jehovahs witness ( they are blinded by mind control techniques ) we are against the ruling class ,the governing body of this organization .We want to reach out to, and help individuals break free from the oppresiveness of the WTB&TS, and like many who support this AAWA venture , I too think the word"Anti" is counter productive .

Question: is it too late to make an adjustment ?

Of all the interested parties with this site could we take a poll ? as to retaining the word " Anti" or substituting it ?

Just my 2 cents worth

smiddy

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

This is a fabulous development and the mission statement is definitely something I can get on board with. Add me to the list of people who don't like the name though. I second the comments that the name should be positive. Something around advocating for human rights for Jehovah's Witnesses.

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

Smiddy said: "Of all the interested parties with this site could we take a poll ? as to retaining the word 'Anti' or substituting it ? " --- Why not use jwsurvey for this poll? Sounds like a fairly harmless idea.

• The Quiet One
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

I thoroughly support the Mission, I too think the name is not the best, a JW seeing "anti WT" will look no further.

I think that most of us would accept the existence of the WT if they got rid of all their failings, I know that in doing so they may well disappear but that wouldn't bother us one bit, so what I suggest, and I am sure someone will come up with a better one but how about:

Activists to Remedy Watchtower Failings = the acronym ARWAF

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit