Notes from 2013 Memorial talk: Appreciate What Christ Has Done for You

by WinstonSmith 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Apognophos
    Apognophos
    This is the second Memorialâ„¢ that I have been to since waking up. I paid extra attention to how they explained the two hopes. I tried to hear it like a person visiting for the first time would hear it. As you can see above, they used Revelation to show a number in heaven (they didn't read the scripture about the great crowd also being in heaven). Then to show the earthly hope, instead of reading a scripture that clearly states that everyone else lives on earth (because let's be honest there ain't one) they read the usual scriptures in Isaiah of a nice sounding earth and said the fact that you desire these things is proof that you have an earthly hope.

Everything that you just said, except substitute "first Memorial" for "second Memorial". I was trying to imagine how logical the explanation of two hopes would sound to a new one, and, well, it didn't. Considering how they glossed over the subject, I think the important point for them was just to explain to all of us why we shouldn't do anything with the emblems that were about to be passed to us except pass them right on. "You're not in this elite group, so no wine and crackers for you." It's like the Soup Nazi, but with holy emblems of Christianity.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
  • Big Mama
    Big Mama

I see from your notes 1 Cor 11:26 was not considered (only the preceeding verses from that paragraph starting at vs 23)....funny, I posted on this thread moments ago thoughts on verse 26, asking if perhaps Jesus is a lame-duck savior. IF I am correct in my observations, it serves only to corroborate and verify my thoughts as posted.

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

I just returned....went with my mother (she is older and I want to see her happy)

TWO HOPES!

First meeting I've been to in years.......imagine my surprise when I looked around and everyone was staring off into LaLa Land.....

These people aren't even listening

• prologos
    prologos

I thought about the second or last Adam mentioned.

The original mythological Adam lived over 900 years, a magnificent, near perfect specimen (if there ever was one).

If Jesus really was perfect , bettering Adam, he should have been able, with angelic protection, to outlive at least a day (1000 years) to PROOVE it.

Dying at 33 is the normal life-expectancy for a pretender to the throne in a contested arena like the Roman empire.

So we need more proof that it is not a spoof.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit