JW women in critical condition after being attacked by pit bull while out in service

by JimmyPage 112 Replies latest jw friends

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Years ago some JWs were horrified to hear I carried Pepper Spray and a mailmans electronic dog repeller. "Brother xxxxxxx doesn't show faith in Jehovah and is a smiter" is what was relayed back to me.

At Bethel stories of Pioneer Sisters raped and kidnapped in service were hushed up...for "not being upbuilding for the friends".

Once again shows Angels ARE NOT protecting and directing the field service work.

Medical Bills??? The elderly sisters bills ...paid by Satans and Ceasars EVIL MEDICARE.

Life saved by Satans co-horts...the paramedics...and that HORRIBLE gun toting neighbor.

Had a nearby servant responded with a gun to save the two sisters he would have faced a judicial commitee later and been removed for owning a gun and being a "smiter".

JW illogic at work

I hope they recover 100% and re-think their beliefs.

• BU2B
    BU2B

Ironic that the women were ultimately saved by a gun owning neighbor. As witnesses are not permitted to own a gun, they would not be able to do likewise if they were ever in that situation.. Kind of like how they will take blood fractions from donated blood but not donate.

However I am glad to see they are getting better and hope they make a full recovery. I just think about if it was my grandmother.. scary.

• Scott77
    Scott77

Much as I sypathise with these unfortunate "vounteers", can it be argued that the dog was doing it duty as trained, that is to defend the territory of its owner?

Scott77

• Chaserious
    Chaserious

No, the dog wasn't doing its duty as trained. If it was, it was trained recklessly. This homeowner will be hit with a negligence suit for sure, at least if she has homeowner's insurance. You can't have a dog trained to viciously attack anyone who the owner opens the door to without any sign of aggression. What if it had been the local girl scout troop or someone getting political petitions signed or a delivery man?

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

All the more reason for homeowners to have a small "No Trespassing" or "No JW" sign on the gate. Less liability.

• Fading Begins
    Fading Begins

Has anyone seen an update about the conditon of these two sisters?

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

My son brought up this incident last night, and my uber JW wife was simply beside herself: "Jehovah is supposed to protect his people!" she exclaimed. I said simply, "Well, now you know that's a fallacy."

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

I sent a message to everyone that I know will be out in service more this month and attached the article along with the one about the brother that was killed in service in New Zealand this week. Told them all to please be very careful out there. Just trying to get a brain or two turned on, considering the literature does indicate we have protection out in service. I noticed someone posted to a JW Facebook private group of 300, the Tulsa article. Hope these sisters are recovering.

• piztjw
    piztjw

For a very brief time I lived in town. My ranch dog was very territorial. I displayed a "Beware of Dog" sign as shown on the news story. A lawyer advised me to take it down immediately because it was in fact an admission that I knew the dog could be dangerous and that IF it bit anyone I would be legally liable. Any "Beware of Dog" sign in a urban residential locale is admission of the owners knowledge and thereby makes them liable legal;y for the dogs actions.

BTW, I wonder how the local "elders" will spin this seeings they were "in the ministry" and were seriously injured?

• piztjw
    piztjw

It is a good thing that the "worldly" man had a firearm and likely saved these two women's lives. I bet there will be some "local needs" part soon that condemns the owning, carrying, or use of any firearms by good JW's. Many years ago a marking talk was given because as a working cowboy I refused to give up my revolver and saddle rifle. I guess angels would have taken care of mountain lions, snakes, and otherwise dying livestock supernaturally.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit