JW women in critical condition after being attacked by pit bull while out in service

by JimmyPage 112 Replies latest jw friends

• RayPublisher
  • LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Jimmy Page:

This is a very sad story.

Dogs are a real hazard. Many years ago my book study fell on the 4th of July. I went, as I usually do, to the house to join the group.

In the street near the house was a barking dog that was being driven mad by all the firecrackers being set off by kids. I very carefully tried to walk past the dog to get to the driveway of the house. The dog then tried to bite me in the rear end. It didn't puncture the skin but was deeply pinching. Here I am in pain saying: "nice doggie, nice doggie..." After a few seconds, luckily for me, the dog let go and I very carefully walked backwards up the driveway 'til I got inside the house. While this may have looked comical to any onlooker, I can assure you it was not funny in the least.

Field service and any activity regarding the JW religion was filled with unexpected dangers whether dealing with the public (because people can be real animals), having an accident on people's property, or, in this case, dogs.

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

A lesson in contrast. Some might not remember that a year ago sans a month, JWs made the news when they assisted in fending off a pitbull attacking a 77 year old grandmother. Notice the differences in JWs commenting on the story then, and now. I imagine those of you on FB can provide other JW comments on the story from a year ago where they profess a belief that God had something to do with it.

http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/304267/28/Jehovah-witnesses-hurl-Bibles-at-pit-bulls-attacking-grandma

Rachel Pytlak

Go my dear sisters! To any scoffers: be glad when you see Jehovah's Witnesses in your neighborhood. They are good people actively doing God's will and we are there because we all care about you and are always willing to help you. Amber Harper I am so glad that woman is okay! Jehovah put those ladies on that specific street, at that specific time, for a reason yesterday! Praise Jehovah!! Cara L Marks Although personally the witnesses were out to save more than one life that day. Pat them on the back for their hard work. I hope those sisters are there when I need someone. :) Les Wick Heb 4:12

12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow ... Now.........a year later............... I don't see one JW comment. I wonder what the folks who commented above that I linked have to say now? Probably "time and unforseen occurance" or some other nonsense when they don't want to face the fact that the angels were never with them from day one. http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=20130320_12_A1_ULNSbv874002

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

Guy who shot the dog: "I just wish I was there sooner, and I hope to God they're both OK," Harrell said.

Contrast that sentiment with the message those women were trying to preach --- join us or die.

Yeah, we worldly ones are the devil's children.

• Scully
    Scully

It isn't "volunteering" if your Eternal Life™ on Paradise Earth™ is at stake if you don't go Door-to-Door™ in Field Service™.

One of my elderly JW relatives slipped on some ice and had a head injury while going Door-to-Door™ a few weeks ago. Got ripped a new one for missing the Meeting™ the next day due to the massive headache and goose-egg on their head. I wish something like that would have woken them up. *sigh*

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

So sad:(

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

Such a sad story. I hope both women recover and the others involved heal from the trauma of witnessing this attack.

• blondie
    blondie

Finkelstein, we were called on by 2 female Mormon missionaries. I just don't think it is required of women but is voluntary.

• moshe
    moshe

The meek and lowly who own pitbulls will inherit the earth- that sounds scriptual to me.

• poppers
    poppers

Mormon woman don't do door to door !

Yes they do. I've had female Mormons come to my house.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit