JW women in critical condition after being attacked by pit bull while out in service

by JimmyPage 112 Replies latest jw friends

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I was not feeling well last night, so I apologize for my mean comment. This is a sad story. It shows how the average JW just doesn't plan ahead. The GB are not prepairing them for real world scenarios. Why would they when they can just say that angels will protect you. Then of course, they make sure that the R&F are legally distanced from the WTBT$. You are in a volunteer/personal ministry, you are not a representative of the WTBT$.

Everyone shoud stop contributing money and stop going in service. Make the GB broadcast on the radio again. Let them represent themselves.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Did you say radio DATA dog !!!!

" Then, in the 1920's, another instrument became available to give wide publicity to the Kingdom message. Brother Rutherford felt strongly that the hand of the lord was manifest in its developement. What was it ? Radio. Less than two years after the worlds first commercial radio station began regular broadcast ( in 1920 ). J.F. Rutherford , president of the Watch tower Society, went on the air to broadcast Bible truths. Here was an instrument that could reach millions of people simutaneously."_____Proclaimers of Gods Kingdom book page 562

Seems Rutherford had a habit of changin' stuff and smackin' the " Hand of the Lord "

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

Jusging from the looks of that house, there won't be much of an insurance pay-out to cover the medical bills and rehab.

Will the Watch Tower pony up or will it be one of those cases where the local congo collects $3.87 and four cans of pork & beans to "help" the sisters?

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

Levi Moore, an elder at the Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses at 2626 N. Lewis Ave., said the women were volunteers who walked door-to-door ministering and distributing religious literature.

When did JW Pioneers (or even publishers for that matter) stop being "Ministers" and just become "volunteers". Why are they minimalizing the field service work? As far as the work being called "voluntary" does anyone remember what would happen if you forgot to turn in your field service time? "Voluntary" my ass.

• mP
    mP

what a horrible case of terrible pet parenting. a different breed of dog owner sounds more like whats needed here. i hope they recover. sad story:

MP:

My own experience tells me the people who get bull terriers are exactly the last people that should have any dog let alone something as powerful as that breed.

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition
    Will the Watch Tower pony up or will it be one of those cases where the local congo collects $3.87 and four cans of pork & beans to "help" the sisters?

LOL

When did JW Pioneers (or even publishers for that matter) stop being "Ministers" and just become "volunteers". Why are they minimalizing the field service work?

When the WT Legal Department got involved

My own experience tells me the people who get bull terriers are exactly the last people that should have any dog let alone something as powerful as that breed.

I hear you. There is a certain element of people that adore these animals. I shouldn't talk too much because they are all beautiful creatures, but I believe I've had the same experiences as you in regards to the types of people that typically own these dogs. My first thought when reading the article and seeing the house was where's Mike Vick and his homies or that house is probably gonna be featured on a reality show in the same vein of Swamp People. I've never been to Tulsa, but from what I gather Northern Tulsa where this happened isn't the best area on the planet.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Field service requirements

" The presiding overseer will arrange to have two elders ( one being a member of the congregation service committe ) discuss the matter with you and the bible student."_____Organized to do Jehovah's Will book page 79

" Once the elders determine that the bible student qualifies to engage in the field ministry, he is eligible to recieve his own copy of Oragnized to do Jehovah's will book "_____Organized to do Jehovah's Will book page 81

" It is important to submit an accurate report of " Hours in field Service ." "______Organized to do Jehaovah's Will book page 86

" Auxillary, regular, and special pioneers as well as missionaries have hour requirements to meet. Congregation publishers are likewise encouraged to put the Kingdom interest first and exert themselves in the ministry to accomplish all that they can in the field according to thier circumstances "_______Organized to do Jehovah's Will book page 87

Act like the widow and give up your " Last two coins " to support the WTS

" Time spent in the field service should be reported in full hours. An exception to this is made when a publisher is very limited because of advanced age, is shut in , is confined to a nursing home, or is otherwise incompacitated. Such a publisher may report field service in 15-minute increments rather than in the full hours. Even if he gives a witness for just 15 minutes during a month, He should report this time so that he can continue to be counted as a regular Kingdom Publisher "____Organized to do Jehovah's Will book page 87

Because Faith without works is dead

" This provision is made, however, only for those who are very limited in their activity. The congregation service commitee will determine whether a publisher qualifies for this arrangement. "____Organized to do Jehovah's Will Book page 87

• wasblind
    wasblind

Slaves don't bark orders from the ivory tower in Brooklyn

Slaves are out in the fields

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

lol Wasblind, the slavery references are disturbing.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

One thing comes to mind, would any of the glorified GB members ever work in service, in a area so poor and destitute ?

Most likely not !

One could speculate that they wouldn't be taken to an area like that but more of higher economic level of a neighborhood.

Truly feel sorry for those woman, even more so if they don't have medical insurance ( they lived in the States)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit