Re: 2013 annual meeting

by pixel 57 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pixel
    pixel

Remember, you read it here first!

Re: 2013 annual meeting

Dear Brothers:

We are pleased to announce that arrangements are being made for all baptized and unbaptized publishers who read and write English, along with their minor children, to be invited to locations where they can hear the 2013 annual meeting program that will be presented on Saturday,
    October 5, 2013. Although we understand the desire of all to attend, there will be no arrangements for the program to be translated into other languages, including American Sign Language. The program will originate from the Assembly Hall in Jersey City, New Jersey, and will be tied in by video to
    all other Assembly Halls and selected Kingdom Halls in the United States and Puerto Rico branch territories. Those invited to attend the program will receive a nontransferable ticket. Only those with a ticket will be allowed admittance to the program.

So that as many as possible may attend, the program will be broadcast twice on Saturday, October 5, and twice on Sunday, October 6. For the Eastern time zone, the programs will start at 10:00 a.m. and at 4:00 p.m. on Saturday and at 9:00 a.m. and at 3:00 p.m. on Sunday. For those in Bermuda and the Bahamas, the programs will start at 11:00 a.m. and at 5:00 p.m. on Saturday and at 9:00 a.m. and at 3:00 p.m. on Sunday. For all other time zones, the programs will start at 9:00 a.m. and at 3:00 p.m. each day.

The program will include a summary of the Watchtower study article for the week of September 30, 2013, and reports of Kingdom activity and interviews of invited guests from all over the world. Scriptural talks from Governing Body members and others will highlight the continuing progress of the preaching work and Jehovah’s organization. In all, the program will last approximately two and a half hours. Specific details about your attending this meeting will be supplied in the future.

In accord with these arrangements, all weekend congregation meetings will be canceled for English congregations. The bodies of elders in all other congregations may choose to have their meetings if a good portion of their congregation will not be attending the annual meeting and local elders or ministerial servants are available to take the lead.

We are sure that this arrangement will result in a mutual interchange of encouragement and rich spiritual blessings for all in attendance. (Rom. 1:12) We send an expression of our warm

Christian love and greetings.

PS to coordinator of the body of elders:

Please arrange for this letter to be read to the congregation at the first Service Meeting after its receipt. Thereafter, it should be posted on the information board. If the congregation is attending a circuit event that week, the letter should be read at the Service Meeting the following week. Your circuit overseer will soon be contacting you to request further information regarding your congregation. Your assisting him in a timely manner will be most appreciated.

Pix.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Wonder if they will do anything in other countries?

• pixel
    pixel

They want to include the masses. Back in the old days it was only the elite that got invited.

• cedars
    cedars

Once again, if there is any "new light" to be dispensed, English-speakers will hear it first. Everyone else can join the queue.

Cedars

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

Thanks Pix! No doubt more "noo lite" will shine out on who the FDS are!

• pixel
    pixel

God speaks English Cedars. Per the WT.

• sir82
    sir82

Well whoop de do! Another meeting to attend.

Which will immediately be forgotten by well over 95% of those "lucky" enough to get invited.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

This is going to be easy to leak. Anyone with a hidden recording device can record and post it.

I remember talking to someone about how JWs follow men (namely the GB). They told me, "No we dont. I don't even know the names of any of the GB."

Well, now they will. The GB have now made sure that every JW will see them and know who they are:

*que the trumpeting fanfare*

THE FAITHFUL AND DISCREET SLAVE!

I haven't been to a convention in a while, but do JWs still clap BEFORE and after the GB talks? I remember that we did. We would clap as they took the stage, something not done to anyone else.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Dear Pixel, that is another thing the WT have wrong, God is an Englishman.

Therefore, in His natural voice, He speaks English as she is spoke in........ England, not American English as the WT have it.

Just to show how egalitarian He is, when He speaks to us personally, he always does it in our regional accent, as does His Son, when He speaks to Tammy (Tec) and Shelby (A.Guest).

According to legend He has also mastered the nuances of the Geordie dialect and accent, which I find hard to believe.

The 2013 Annual Meeting about sweet F.A is still elitist I see, no deaf people are welcome.

• pixel
    pixel

Got you Phizzy. The language we can agree on that he does not master is ASL.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit