2013 DC new releases - rumors ???

by obarac 63 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• obarac
    obarac

There is rumors that in this years DC NWT will be released and also new tracts. Any other rumors about new releases?

• toweragent
    toweragent

NWT? As in a NEW New World Translation? Of the Bible? I can see them updating it to be more in harmony with their current doctrine.

• sir82
    sir82

Scary thought if true. But it would make sense, in a convention themed on "God's Word".

What further bastardizations could they include in a NNWT?

Of course the cynical side of me says, if true, it's merely a cash grab by the WTS.

I'm sure they can produce a Bible for maybe a dollar, but they're hoping that JWs will think "Ooh, a new Bible, that must have been expensive, I better drop more in the contribution box".

• jgnat
    jgnat

Sure, I'll add to the rumor mill. The NWT will be the same as the old NWT except it will only be available on CD. There will be some new full-color maps included, as well as some connect-the-dot pictures in Genesis and 2 Kings.

• toweragent
    toweragent

I think there is some legitamacy to this theory, I am the literature servant in our hall and we have been back ordered on Reference Bibles and the Black and Red Deluxe Bibles for about 8 months now. All we have are some of the crappy paper bibles and a few hardcovers. Maybe because they aren't printing them and are instead waiting for the release of this NNWT.

• Fed-up
    Fed-up

what better way to make $$$...If you don't update your Bible you're just an apostate. A new bible, awesome. they can keep this up for years!

• Splash
    Splash

I heard a while back that a new NWT was on it's way.

One of the changes is that whenever there is the 'inserted' brackets [like this] to indicate something not in the original text has been added, those brackets will be removed but the additional text will remain.

For example:

(Ro 6:7) . . .For he who has died has been acquitted from [his] sin.

will become

(Ro 6:7) . . .For he who has died has been acquitted from his sin.

Let's see if that one has legs!

Splash

• Sulla
    Sulla

I can't imagine a new NWT could possibly be less illiterate than the one they use now. There is a high level of illiteracy in it, and it can't be reduced. Not impossible, I guess, but it can't be unlikely to be less.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

New NWT - John 1:1 - In the beginning was Michael, and Michael was with God, and Michael was an angel.

• St George of England
    St George of England
    One of the changes is that whenever there is the 'inserted' brackets [like this] to indicate something not in the original text has been added, those brackets will be removed but the additional text will remain.

If you check your current copy of the NWT (Bi12-E) you will see that they [] have already been removed since the 2006 printing.

George

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit