2013 District Convention Program: ‘God’s Word is Truth!’

by bats in the belfry 61 Replies latest watchtower bible

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Saturday morning: Reject False Hopes! - that could be interesting!!!

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Ok so lets get to the meat of this thread. Are we drawing straws to determine who goes and writes up the notes?

I mean....someone has to.

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

Theres an app that will allow you to stream live video from an Iphone etc so others can watch via FaceBook.

Anyone want to do this for the cause?

NJY

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

Wow! We get our own talk! They are so freakin' threatened.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

aposta-Z: I am curious about the Apostates sympodium also. Can we expect borderline hate speech?

I'm pretty sure they'll be going well over the border on this one!

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

It would be nice if someone get a recording of the convention talk on apostates by a Governing Body member and posts it on Youtube. It ought to offer some interesting psychological material about the Phobias of the Governing Body for examination.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Black and white. 'Truth' vs. 'falsehood.' Us vs. the enemy. Clearly a 'circling the wagons' program.

The talk about 'the Truth' bringing a sword. I'm betting that will be about families being ripped apart by those who have left the so-called 'Truth.' Naturally, they're blind to the fact that many who have left the JW religion have actually done so because they have rejected falsehood and accepted truth.

How is the GB going to work the new FDS doctrine into the Convention program? That's what I'm interested in. Maybe they'll go the WT article route after all?

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

It doesn't seem to me that the GB would want to devote a whole talk to the new light -- better to have it brought out for a few minutes as part of another talk, one that is of course given by a CO or DO, then move on.

• QueenWitch
    QueenWitch

The first talk - how do we know God's Word is Truth. I guess they mean the bible. If God has a Word, it is not the bible. Too many inconsistencies and the origin of how those 66 books made the cut when many others were left out. Therefore the rest of the assembly is FAIL. But like others have said, I'm interested in the apostate talk. They must be really scared. Because of the interwebz, TTATT is freely available.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

God's word is truth?

God doesn't exist so doesn't have a 'word'. Therefore, it cannot be 'true'.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit