Elders' Password For JW.Org

by tijkmo 18 Replies latest jw friends

• 88JM
    88JM

Just for your curiosity, the WTBTS also has a password policy for logging into jw.org - this is standard practice in I.T.

As a ministerial servant (who also have access, though more limited and not including BOE letters or congregation files) originally I chose the password "Genesis".

When I logged in the next time, the system informed me that this password was not allowed - presumably as it is an easy to guess word and very hackable. This would be considered a "weak password". I also tried Genesis typed backwards (sisineG) - this was also disallowed.

I was pretty much forced to choose a password that was not a word in the dictionary and also that it had to contain numbers as well as letters. I think the minimum length was 7 or 8 characters.

So for those of you thinking of trying to guess some passwords - which of course I would not endorse - then you should put down your Oxford English or Websters dictionary and start mashing the keyboard instead. Alternatively, if the phrase "rainbow tables" means anything to you, then you're way ahead anyway...

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

Please don't think of using "Beth-sarim-1874" as a password,.. Not a good idea,..

Want to guess how any elders thought that "1914" was their own special idea.

NJY

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    brownnose
    kneepads
    kiss ass
    one born every minute

You made me laugh out loud and nearly spit my drink. I think it was the kneepads that did it. Thank you for the laugh, OTWO.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

You do know you can hide your IP address ? Even Google will not recognize you. HMA and other such services will fool facebook and any search engine by assigning you a remote IP in a different country.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

tijkmo, I haven't seen you here in such a long time. Hello.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Just try the password "password".

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Was about to type a longer response about referring links.

But I'll shorten it to... what 88JM said.

• Calebs Airplane
  • linuxbob
    linuxbob

Download and use Tor, I doubt they have the time or intelligence to trace you.

Lb

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit