Will you attend the Memorial this year? Why? Why not?

by Open mind 85 Replies latest jw friends

• Lied2NoMore
    Lied2NoMore

I'm going to gobble up as much crackers and booze as I can. Gonna raise the glass high in the air in "toast" fashion then chug it ALL down. I just want to be counted. Maybe we should all plan it and take video to post on YouTube. Who is with me?

• Hillary
    Hillary

Don't attend. Let's help make the number of attendees go even lower than it did last year. Number of attendees going down every year. Number of partakers going up every year.

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

I'm in it for the learning experience. I was invited last year, but after reading about a count of some sort, I was insulted and bowed out.

Would I have to sign something acknowledging my attendance? How do they count the attendees? Are non-Jws counted?

OH WAIT! There appeared to be only one entrance/exit. Is that the case at all KHs???

• 20yearfader
    20yearfader

nope haven't been in over 20 some odd years,but i like how family members that dont keep in contact can find your number for a night an invite you....looking forward to shareing with them a peace of my mind.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

NeverKnew, they count at some point during the Memorial service. Those attendants in the back are the ones who do the counting. They count all non-JW's as well.

If you go, you should drink the wine and eat the bread.

• Pterist
    Pterist

@home with my wife,........ where two or three ......

• Found Sheep
  • dinah
    dinah

No. Why get dressed and go somewhere to get those "poor pitiful lost soul" looks from people who are more lost than I am.

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

MrFreeze: Here's what's hilarious. Given the description of the service, if I, with my background, noticed that everyone was simply passing a plate and drink around, I'd first wonder what's wrong with the "communion". Then, I'd figure there must be something spiritual about letting everyone lay hands on (breathe on) the communion wafers and wine and that we'd have to go around again. Put someone with my background in the front next to an annointed who "partakes" and it's over... without a pattern - I'd be partaking too!

Lefty and his Bouncer have to count, great. Maybe they should count as people come in. Not like they can get in an alternate way.

I'd go to learn, but I don't want to boost the numbers.

...who the hE@&*#$ counts the attendees. *sigh*

• whathappened
    whathappened

This year I plan on missing the third consecutive memorial in a row. Feels good. Now that my mother has passed away, I will never have to go back inside the kingdom hall again. Yeah!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit