Chris Kyle murdered in Stephenville, Texas

by sooner7nc 9 Replies latest jw friends

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Chris was a 4 tour sniper in Iraq with well over 160 confirmed kills and an $80000 bounty on his head. He was known as the Devil of Ramadi.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Background

For his deadly track record as a marksman during his deployment to Ramadi, the insurgents named him 'Al-Shaitan Ramad' -- the Devil of Rahmadi -- and put a $20,000 bounty on his head.

'I thought to myself, “Oh, hell yeah!” It was an honor,' he told Texas Monthly magazine when Army intelligence told him about his infamy.

But his Navy SEAL companions gave him a different name 'the Legend.'

His most legendary shot came outside Sadr City in 2008 when he spotted an insurgent with a rocket launcher near an Army convoy -- 2,100 yards away.

At that distance, 1.2 miles, he fired a shot from his .338 Lapua Magnum rifle. It struck home, knocking the man over dead.

• finally awake
    finally awake

So who killed him and what was the motive?

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

How the hell should I know? It just happened. Quit pestering me with these incessant questions, finally awake.

• Satanus
    Satanus

News

'GLEN ROSE, Texas -- A former U.S. Navy SEAL who gained recognition during the Iraq War was one of two people fatally shot southwest of Fort Worth on Saturday, KHOU 11 News has learned.

Sources close to the investigation identified the former SEAL as Chris Kyle, author of the New York Times bestselling book, "American Sniper."

Kyle was shot point-blank while helping another soldier who was recovering from post traumatic stress syndrome, officials said. The murders happened at a shooting range near the town of Glen Rose, about 53 miles southwest of Fort Worth.

The Erath County Sheriff's Office issued an alert for the arrest of the suspect, who was later identified as Eddie Routh, 25. Officials warned that Routh was traveling in a Ford F-150 pickup with large tires and rims. They said he was believed to be highly trained with military experience.

Routh was reportedly later captured in Lancaster, south of Dallas.'

S

Officials said the second shooting victim was a neighbor of the suspect. All three men lived in Midlothian, Texas.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Here is a discussion about it. Here is a quote from there: 'Anyone want to put bets on Eddie hanging himself under questionable circumstances?'

It's not a conspiracy thread. I just thought that it was an interesting comment.

http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?p=964843

S

• Satanus
    Satanus

Apparently, this makes 3. I don't wanna set off the conspiracy theorists, but still, a person might wonder.

• Satanus
    Satanus

This is the guy they have locked up for this.

• designs
    designs

Sad loss. I heard that Chris had been mentoring his assailant, any news on that.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Apparently he focused on the Marines that had seen some of the worst fighting and suffered from PTSD. It's just sad as hell.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit