2014 DC

by Rattigan350 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

They read a letter about the 2014 District Conventions and how some would be international.

My thought was that this is a gimmick to get people excited. The organization has jumped the shark so they need

to use gimmicks to bring excitement.

The congregations were to pass a resolution to for $.15 per publisher for 17 months to go to a fund to bring the missionaries home,

than any leftover funds would go to the World Wide Work.

So it looks like the international conventions are a front for fundraising to the WWW.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I don't think it is aimed specifically at getting people excited. They have to announce it far enough in advance so JW's can actually go. I went to an international convention in Berlin.

I actually enjoyed the international convention, if only because I got a chance to meet a lot of interesting people from all over the world.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

What is the Theme of the 2014 D.C ?

"100 years and He ain't shown yet" ??????

• Gayle
    Gayle

So the WTS would encourage all to send it upfront so they won't forget? times 7.5 million = $19M +?

How many "missionaries" are there now?

• hoser
    hoser

They told us it was 50 cents per publisher. I guess it must be more expensive to fly to Canada, or they figure we've got more money to give.

hoser

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit