Did we ever fulfill Mathew 24:14?

by raymond frantz 51 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• raymond frantz
    raymond frantz

I know ... many mistakes and a nasty leadership ,but did Jehovah's Witnesses fulfill even partially Matthew 24:14 :"the good news will be preached in all the inhabited earth and then the end will come "Are we to expect a final or a completely different fulfilment of this verse ?

• cedars
    cedars

Hell no. Just ask the inhabitants of Somalia, North Korea or Afghanistan where there are NO Witnesses whatsoever. Then there are the "30 Other Lands" mostly comprising the Arab/Communist world (which accounts for 1.9 billion people, or nearly a third of Earth's population). In this part of the planet, according to the Society's figures, Jehovah's Witnesses account for one in roughly 71,000 people. It gets worse in some lands that ARE on the worldwide report. Bangladesh is the 8th most populous country in the world, but it can only muster 1 Witness per 885,000 people.

The map below is based on 2011 figures, but it at least shows the extent of the "black hole" where the 30 other lands are...

30 other lands

http://jwsurvey.org/cedars-blog/under-the-microscope-the-watch-tower-societys-claims-to-divine-direction-part-3

Cedars

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

placing MAGAZIES is in no way PREACHING... so that is a big FAT NO...

• Londo111
    Londo111

The Apostle Paul said it was fulfilled in his day. Then they End came in 70.

To the mind of the audience this was written to, the word “Inhabited”, not “Inhabited Earth”, meant the Roman world around the Mediterranean.

• Mum
    Mum

Armageddon came, figuratively, in 1975.

Regards,

SandraC

• tec
    tec

but did Jehovah's Witnesses fulfill even partially Matthew 24:14 :"the good news will be preached in all the inhabited earth and then the end will come

Can't have done so if they did not know the good news to begin with, could they?

Peace,

tammy

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

NO... J W's preach many times over to the same people, around or near the Hall and rarely visit the "rurals" and as Cedars showed us, never to large swathes of the population of the world. If the angels were really organizing it, you would think that it would be covered better than that....

Incidentally, just my own thoughts but, Matt 24 does not say that the F & D Slave will carry out the preaching of the good news. It only says that "this good news will be preached" it does not say who will do it.

The commission that Jesus gave his disciples in Matt 28, was to "go ...and make disciples of people of all the nations" , something that churches have done for centuries

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

Thank you Cedars! Notice on this map:

- China is not even listed on the WTS's annual report.

- India has a publisher ratio of less than 0.01%

Yet these two countries together represent one third of the world's population.

Furthermore, some of the other countries with weak publisher representation - such as Indonesia - are also quite populous.

When more than one in every three of the world's population has no contact with the JWs, some very clever weasel talk is going to be needed to support the claim that Matt. 24:14 has been fulfilled!

Bill.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

I remember a CO attempting to explain this prior to 1975.

He said there are 3 basic national groups, referring to the descendants of Noah's sons, Ham, Shem, Japheth. His point was that Mt 24:14 had been fulfilled because these 3 goups of people had been witnessed to.

I was new in the Organization then, but I thought...

'What does that prove? Isn't it the people that matter? Much of mankind will be killed at Armageddon, even though they have never heard the msg of JWs, just because someone else of their race has?'

That was one of the early signals to me that JWs can rationalize anything. I should have taken it more seriously and made an exit sooner than I did.

• Pterist
    Pterist

**** Matthew 24:14 :"the good news will be preached in all the inhabited earth and then the end will come****

Which good news ? The original Good News of the early Christians as specified by Paul as never changing and cursed anyone who did so! Galatians 1:6-9

OR

The speculation, based on incorrect chronology that Jesus came back invisibly in 1914 to rule the earth in a literal millennium that would start within the life time of the generation that were around in 1914 ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit