Have You Prepared For The "Flu" And Do You Get A Flu Shot?

by minimus 191 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

neverscream, that article reminded me of another reason I get the shot. There is evidence that if children get the vaccine, the grandparents get more protection. My dad has COPD, and at this stage one bad virus could kill him.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

No flu shot for me--they are a complete waste of time and money. Not to mention the mercury and formaldehyde in the shot--a flu is better than Alzheimer's. Instead, I take 2,000 units vitamin D3 along with 4,000 mg of vitamin C (the vitamin C in 2 doses), and a host of other vitamins and minerals. That does the same thing, but without the risk of the poisons within the shot. Not to mention, I sidestep any "population controls" they might be putting in flu shots, currently or in the future. Plus, even if they get the wrong strains in the shot, my vitamins still work (even on H5N1).

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

I have never had a flu shot in my life. I had the flu once, when I was 8 years old. I'm now 60. I have a pretty good immune system. I hardly ever get even a mild cold. I've only taken 1 sick day since I started working for my employer 11 1/2 years ago....and that was for dental work. So far it has worked for me. My company offers free flu shots...I just don't feel the need.

If I had a weakened immune system, I'd consider it. My daughter gets one every year....but she has as heart condition, and really can't afford to get sick.

Coffee

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

WTWizard, you are literally insane if you believe that you can get Alzheimers from the flu shot or that 'population control' drugs are in it. Your vitamins do literally nothing to prevent you from getting the flu.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Vitamin C doesn't work.

Barrold, rumors in some African countries, such as Nigeria, suggest that vaccinations are being used to sterilize the population. This has slowed the work to eliminate the Polio virus in Nigeria, Pakistan, northern India, and Afghanistan. The rumors work because a good part of the population don't trust their government.

Polio Survivors Nigeria

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I have never had a flu shot. Neither has my wife. This last Nov, we got a bug that has just now started filtering through the population here in the states. At the time, they only had 15 cases in Socal. It was much more severe than the avg flu. Pounding migraines, high fever, and every joint and muscle hurt like I just came out of the ring with Mike Tyson.The adventure lasted 3 weeks, and it took another month to feel normal

From what we heard, the current shot does nothing for it.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Barrold, are you in the medical industry?

• neverscreamagain
    neverscreamagain

jgnat- That is an aspect of whether or not to get immunized that most people give little or no thought to. It is simply not all about you. The larger issue concerning the transmission of the virus to those that are younger or elderly, or those with compromised immune systems is seldom thought about.

Also when a particular flu virus becomes pandemic, a greater concern has to be given as to how a particular virus can mutate through the course of a typical flu season. There is evidence that this can slowed or even halted when larger percentages of the population get immunized.

wha- Would be almost impossible to tell as to whether the particular flu virus you had would be halted by this season's flu vaccine. (unless you had a lab test and determined which one you had).

Actually this year's vaccine came extremely close to the current outbreak configurations. That being the case, if more were immunized earlier we would probably not be seeing nowhere near the amount of cases that that are occuring now.

• caliber
    caliber

Well whatever it is that some folks get when they get the shot, according to them (because I've never had a flu shot) some people get the "cold/flu like" symptoms while others feels as if they're at deaths door, when you're at that point, doesn't matter what the technical term is, the body is seriously ailing from something brought on from the innoculation and in my book it doesn't make sense for a "cure" to make me "sick" with same symptoms the "cure" is suppost to keep you from.

exactly I don't want flu-like symptoms headache fever , sweating and terribling so bad you can't getting out of bed for three days

Haven't had any flu's in 15 years since not taking the shot. Only had the flu as an adult once... right after getting the flu shot

Both me and the wife have exactly the same allergic reaction at exactly the same time after a flu shot ?

What would be the odds of that ? How many people just in this topic alone have had the same occurence ?

Possible side effects from the injected vaccine include:

• Soreness, redness or pain at the injection site ( I had none of this.. so how is it an allergic reaction ?
    • Low grade fever.... ( I had servere 3 day fever )
    • Body aches ......(unbearable aches and tremors )

These side effects usually occur soon after the vaccine is administered and last 1-2 days ( a least three solid days in bed )

don't tell me I wasn't sick please !!!!!!

myth 1)

You can catch the flu from the vaccine.

The vaccine is made from an inactivated virus that can't transmit infection. So people who get sick after receiving a flu vaccination were going to get sick anyway. It takes a week or two to get protection from the vaccine. But people assume that because they got sick after getting the vaccine, the shot caused their illness.

Both me and the wife and several other people I know must have "mental issues " right ?

"going to get sick anyway ".. the fact that I haven't been sick before or since then as no berring at all on this issue

• tec
    tec

Don't get flu shots. I have no health issues, so I would rather fight it off myself IF I get it. I am strong enough to do so. I understand for someone who has health problems that might complicate getting the flu as well.

Also don't want flu-like symptoms for something I more than likely will not get.

At the same time, I might be riding off the backs of those who do get the shot, these ones thereby bringing down the chances of passing the flu around.

Peace,

tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit