jw.org video

by turtleturtle 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• turtleturtle
    turtleturtle

Has anyone watched this? Dude! This new jw.org site makes me feel like jws are mormons! Yuck. Smacks of Christendom.

http://www.jw.org/en/news/by-region/americas/united-states/video-clip-hurricane-sandy-relief/

• cedars
    cedars

Wow, an organization that looks after its own. What other religion on Earth would do that? Apart from almost all of them.

I listened through the whole video, and not once is it suggested that any non-Witnesses were helped. Worldly hurricane victims can rot as far as the organization is concerned.

What's sickening is the brothers will lap this up as evidence that this is God's organization, the principles in the parable of the Good Samaritan be damned.

"And if YOU greet YOUR brothers only, what extraordinary thing are YOU doing? Are not also the people of the nations doing the same thing?" - Matthew 5:47

Also interesting how the video shows the Witness organizational machine in operation. It's a shame they can't devote as much enthusiasm to stopping one Witness child from being molested by a known pedophile.

Sorry guys, but it's pathetic.

Cedars

• cedars
    cedars

Another thought - I wonder if that's the same helicopter they used to shoot the "our Watchtower sign is awesome" video?

Bought with donations for the Worldwide Work perhaps?

Cedars

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Matthew 6:3 ... I guess it is okay to pat yourself on the back as long as the other hand isn't aware of it

• biometrics
    biometrics

Isn't it wonderful how the Jehovah's Witnesses help their wealthy adherents (Sandy & Japan quake), then make videos to show off their "charity" work.

• awaken2004
    awaken2004

My sister sent me a text with this site. She was trying to be nice thinking she was being encouraging. I swear, they think bc I'm not going to the KH anymore I'm sitting around crying all the time. Crazy nuts but they mean well. I haven't checked it out yet.

• awaken2004
    awaken2004

I wonder how the rest of the victims were helped. Surely, nobody cared enough to help them. Certainly not the dubs!

• l p
    l p

well all i have to say is they are not the only organisation/religion to help. so that means they are nothing special.

they also didn't help non-jws....isnt there a parable about the good samaritan...obviously the jws arent fullfilling bible scripture

Lp

• biometrics
    biometrics

As others have quoted. Jesus said it best in Matthew 5;43-48:

43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor [a] and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

• irondork
    irondork

Biometrics: " If you love those who love you, what reward will you get?"

They will get the only reward they have coming: : I never knew YOU! Get away from me, YOU workers of lawlessness. - Mathew 7:23

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit