Jehovah's Witnesses View of Jesus Compared to the Early Church

by cofty 148 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• barry
    barry

rattingan350 worship of anything but God is against the ten commandments.

Great job Cofty because when I was confronted by the witnesses about the trinity I had the same feelings in regard without argueing the point the witness doctrine just didn't gel.

There are Adventists that are Arian just as the witnesses are but they do have a more trinitarian touch in their theology. They pray to Jesus praise him and worship him but they beleive he was created at some time in the begining and they don't beleive in the personality of the Holy Gost. They have similar problems to the witnesses in that they worship Jesus, another God, if you like. They also resist the Trinity because they say it is a Catholic heresy. The Arian Adventists also claim the SDA church is an apostate church because of the Trinity doctrine.

The Adventist church accepts pluralism and says in spite of our differences we can all worship together. Barry

• FingersCrossed
    FingersCrossed

Marking. Great sharing

• *lost*
    *lost*

bumped

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

marked.

LOVED IT!

• humbled
    humbled

Thanks for being thorough and fair-handed, Cofty. You are a terror for fair-handedness .

• humbled
    humbled

Thanks for being thorough and fair-handed, Cofty. You are a terror for fair-handedness .

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

remarked

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

Seems I missed this before. Very good write up. If a JW started talking about Jesus like the scriptures state the first century Christians did they would soon be up on apostacy charges. Funny thing is the JW's could actually view Jesus like the first century Christians did and still fit it into their non-Trinitarian theology. Of course the Watchtower refuses to do this. In JW worship Jesus has been demoted to 4th place. IMO here is the order of JW worship importance.

1. Jehovah

2. Governing Body

3. The Organization

4. Jesus

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

marking... not sure how I missed this. I only read the OP. As far as worshipping Jesus, Daniel gives us the idea that such worship is actually acceptable:

Daniel 7:13-14: "I kept on beholding in the visions of the night, and, see there! with the clouds of the heavens someone like a son of man happened to be coming; and to the Ancient of Days he gained access, and they brought him up close even before that One. 14 And to him there were given rulership and dignity and kingdom, that the peoples, national groups and languages should all serve even him. His rulership is an indefinitely lasting rulership that will not pass away, and his kingdom one that will not be brought to ruin."

Note the Hebrew definition of the word for "serve" here: http://biblehub.com/hebrew/6399.htm

• LogCon
    LogCon

m

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit