One simple fact about Jesus that MATTERS . .

by nicolaou 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

He had a human father.

All those doctrines of redemption, ransom and forgiveness come to nothing in the face of reality. We need to look after each other.

• Seeking agape
    Seeking agape
    I agree! I was telling a friend last night that it doesn't matter if you are catholic or baptist, it's about how you treat people. I was explaining about the parable of the Good Samaritan and how Jesus wants us to help anyone and everyone who is sick, lowly, poor or whatever even if we despise them. I mean the good Sam and the guy who was hurt were from two different religions that hated each other, like really really despised each other. Yet Jesus taught to put those differences aside and to help someone in need. If you saw a member of IsIs or Islam lying in the street, dying, would you help them? I think that's what Jesus was trying to tell us. Be kind to each other you idiots your all just lowlife humans.
  • zombie dub
    zombie dub

Another simple fact about Jesus that MATTERS

He is imaginary.

• Seeking agape
    Seeking agape
    Regardless of if he was real or not... The parable of the Good Sam is still a valuable lesson.
  • prologos
    prologos

2 human fathers, 1) Joseph*, the believer in miracles the one hearing voices, and 2) the one that got to Mary first. *Joseph the good Samaritan, looking after an abandoned girl, taking on an apprentice.

• zombie dub
    zombie dub

"The parable of the Good Sam is still a valuable lesson"

what does that have to do with Jesus though? It's just a Buddhist teaching from 400-500 years before

http://lorenmarvin.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/the-good-samaritan-christian-buddhist.html

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Actually, I think the truth of Jesus ordinary biological origins puts to bed the fallacy that he was at least a moral teacher.

The foundation for any system of morality is truth. If Jesus couldn't even be honest about who he was what moral authority can be ascribed to him?

None.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

nicolaou, "If Jesus couldn't even be honest about who he was what moral authority can be ascribed to him?"

Maybe he wasn't told what his parentage was.

• cofty
    cofty
    I'm not convinced he even existed.
  • nicolaou
    nicolaou

Just assuming his historical existence, and that the words attributed to him are accurate, he claimed his father was YHWH.

Now, he either knew this was a lie or else he was delusional. This is what Lewis called the 'Trilemma' - mad, bad or god.

However you spin it though, you just can't get away from the fact that if Jesus was real he very definitely had a human Dad.

Like Monty Pythons Brian, "He's not the Messiah, he's . . . . . "

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit