The everlasting saga of The faithful and discreet slave class.

by MacHislopp 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• minimus
    minimus

Mac, I've always appreciated your posts. It's too bad that most JWs will merely say, "it's ok. We have new light".

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello again, Minimus: Thanks for your comment and appreciation. You are one of the “pillars” in this forum. As for the vast majority I do agree , but there are still Many, that won’t take it so easily. As was commented already, quite a number of JWs remain in the organization for a variety of …good reason and yet they do not agree with many teachings, procedures, rules etc. Time will tell. Just to add a recent a Society's reminder: 2011 YEARBOOK page 13 § 1 In summary, the Writing Department insists on using only material that is accurate and truthful, even regarding seemingly insignificant details. As a result, “the faithful and discreet slave” can consistently supply spiritual food that brings honor to “the God of truth,” Jehovah.—Ps. 31:5. Using the evidence of the above claim and the recent “new understanding “ given at the Annual Meeting , on October 6th 2012, how many of the 1675 references to the term “the faithful and discrett slave “ will be: “ accurate and truthful, even regarding seemingly insignificant details “ ? The ..easy answer is ONE i.e. Matthew 24:45 Greetings for now , J.C. MacHislopp

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello again,

Minimus: Thanks for your comment and appreciation. You are one of the “pillars” in this forum. As for the vast majority I do agree with what you have written: same as before . Yet there are still inside the congregations many, that won’t take it so easily. As was commented already, quite a number of JWs remain in the organization for a variety of …good reason even if they personally do not agree with many teachings, procedures, rules etc. Time will tell.

Just a recent a Society's reminder:

2011 YEARBOOK page 13 § 1

In summary, the Writing Department insists on using only material that is accurate and truthful, even regarding seemingly insignificant details. As a result, “the faithful and discreet slave” can consistently supply spiritual food that brings honor to “the God of truth,” Jehovah.—Ps. 31:5.

In the light of the above claim and the recent “new understanding “ given at the Annual Meeting , on October 6 th 2012, how many of the 1675 references to the term

“the faithful and discrett slave “ will be:

“ accurate and truthful , even regarding seemingly insignificant details “ ?

The ..easy answer is ONE i.e. Matthew 24:45

Greetings for now ,

J.C. MacHislopp

P.S. I'm sorry for the double post. It was a keyboard mistake.

• yesidid
    yesidid

Thanks Mac.

Most of your posts are pure gold.

This this thread is platinum.

Hugs

yesidid

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Hey Mac, thanks for the great research!

00DAD

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

Time for the Governing Body to call Sirus and ask for directions to the "road of life".

The shape of this doctrine, think of a downhill race track with "S-curves", follow their snake shaped doctrine, swinging wildly back to "all annointed our part of the composite Slave", gyrating back to "only the Cardinals of Bethel are Jesus Christ Slave".

The shape of their S track takes away parts of their old doctrine (John's disciples, Jesus followers and Apostles are now ommited from this version of the "faithful slave) each time we swing back to our little turning point in the road.

The next logical step is to mess with the congregations views of the elders and ministerial servants as something more than the Bible say's they are. Moving the definition away from "to minister to others" for "to be minstered to". The COs enjoy being ministered to and their wives love the fact they are more than a over-glorified elderette.

The next doctrine heading down the "Snake-Road" will be adjustments with "blood", the current understanding is madness!

• mP
    mP

Bats:

Post 407 of 413
    Since 7/19/2011

MacHislopp >> Are they just ouija-boarding for a century now,

or,

"Are those really the leadings of Holy Spirit"?

mP: The funny thing is oujia boards were invented in the 1890s..barely 110 years ago..we cant believe that in 10 years every second house had one.. thats maddness.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ouija

Following its commercial introduction by businessman Elijah Bond on July 1, 1890, [3] the Ouija board was regarded as a harmless parlor game unrelated to the occult until American Spiritualist Pearl Curran popularized its use as a divining tool during World War I

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello everyone,

As promised, more examples , that will show that, after the declarations and the new explanations , given at the Annual Meeting of October 6 th , 2012, the Society will need to change/modify/correct many of their publications.

As usual to start , a very important reminder :

The Watchtower, September 15 th 1936 page 276 , par. 10b

“If The Watchtower publishes anything that is not supported by the Scriptures,do not give heed thereto. The Watchtower endeavors at all times “ to prove all things” by the Word of God. The faithful anointed ones well know whether the points published are supported by the Word of God or not .”

65 years later the remeinder was repeated:

*** w016/1pp.13-14par.7“IfGodIsforUs,WhoWillBeAgainstUs?”***

7 TheybasetheirteachingsontheBible. Jesus said: “What I teach is not mine, but belongs to him that sent me. If anyone desires to do His will, he will know concerning the teaching whether it is from God or I speak of my own originality.” And also: “He that is from God listens to the sayings of God.” (John 7:16, 17; 8:47) Logically, to enjoy God’s backing, one must teach only what God reveals in his Word and reject teachings based on human wisdom or

tradition. —Isaiah 29:13; Matthew 15:3-9; Colossians 2:8.

*** w507/15p.214par.8OrganizedTestimonytotheNewWorld***

So Jehovah’s visible organization under Christ is a channel for bringing the divine interpretation of his Word to his devoted people. What then? An organizational instrument must be provided to help all lovers of truth and life to gain a progressive understanding of God’s Word and for freeing themselves from all the confusing, faith-destroying religious doctrines and creeds of Christendom.

*** g704/22p.8ChangesThatDisturbPeople***

Yes, millions of persons have been shocked to learn that things they were taught as being vital for salvation are now considered by their church to be wrong. Have you, too, felt discouragement, or even despair, because of what is happening in your church? A businessman in Medellín, Colombia, expressed the effect the changes have had on many.

“Tell me,” he asked, “how can I have confidence in anything? How can I believe in the Bible, in God, or have faith? Just ten years ago we Catholics had the absolute truth, we put all our faith in this. Now the pope and our priests are telling us this is not the way to believe any more, but we are to believe ‘new things.’ How do I know the ‘new things’ will be the truth in five years?”

*** w8112/1p.27par.4ThePathoftheRighteousDoesKeepGettingBrighter***

Unless we are in touch with this channel of communication that God is using, we will not progress along the road to life, no matter how much Bible reading we do.—Compare Acts 8:30-40.

( book : You can Live Forever in Paradise on Earth published 1989)

*** pechap.23p.193par.8God’sVisibleOrganization***

8 When telling of his presence in Kingdom power, Jesus said: “Who really is the faithful and discreet slave whom his master appointed over his domestics, to give them their food at the proper time? Happy is that slave if his master on arriving finds him doing so. Truly I say to you, He will appoint him over all his belongings.” (Matthew 24:45-47) On his return in Kingdom power in the year 1914, did Christ find a “faithful and discreet slave” class providing spiritual “food,” or information? Yes, he found such a “slave” made up of the remaining ones on earth of his 144,000 “brothers.” (Revelation 12:10; 14:1, 3)

*** w955/15pp.15-17Part1—FlashesofLight—GreatandSmall***

5 In this regard, the book God’sKingdomofaThousandYearsHasApproached stated: “As to just how the ‘faithful and discreet slave’ classexisted and served down through the centuries after the death of the apostles of the Master Jesus Christ, we do not have a distinct historical picture. Apparently one generation of the ‘slave’ class fed the next succeeding generation thereof. (2 Timothy 2:2)

( book :Organized to do Jehovah’s will published 2005)

page 16 paragraph 1

IDENTIFYING "THE FAITHFUL AND DISCREET SLAVE"

In the illustration, Jesus stated that the "slave" would provide

the needed spiritual food. Whom did Jesus appoint to feed his followers in the first century? And whom did he find still faithfully doing so when he returned in Kingdom power in 1914? Obviously, no human has lived through all those centuries. So "the faithful steward, the discreet one," must symbolize the composite body of Christ’s spirit-anointed footstep followers who live on earth at any given time. (Luke 12:42)

page 16 paragraph 2

What, then, are the "belongings”? These are all the spiritualassets on earth that have become Christ’s property in connection with his authority as heavenly King. Included are facilities at the headquarters of Jehovah’s Witnesses, along with branch offices, Kingdom Halls, and Assembly Halls worldwide. The "belongings" also embrace the commission to preach "this good news of the kingdom" throughout the earth and to teach those who respond.

page 17 paragraph 1

THE ROLE OF THE GOVERNING BODY

To accomplish this in the first century, a group of anointed Christians from among the faithful and discreet slave class were chosen as its representatives. As such, they did not consult with all anointed elders in the world before making decisions. From their position in the Jerusalem congregation, they served as a governing body for the entire anointed Christian congregation.

The evidence of the Society’s teachings are very clear and yet during the Annual Meeting of Ocober 6 th , 2012 (°) Brother David Splane commented, concerning the question :

Who Are the “Domestics”?

Jesus Christ said that “his domestics” would receive “food at the proper time.” All genuine followers of Jesus are fed by “the faithful and discreet slave.” Therefore, all of Christ’s disciples—both individual anointed Christians and members of the “other sheep”—are “his domestics.”—John 10:16. (*)

Then he concluded with a special comment:

"And brothers, we LOVE this teaching. We LOVE this idea, because it really truly does dignify the members of the Great Crowd."

(**)

(°) link: http://www.jw.org/en/news/events-activities/video-clip-2012-annual-meeting-program, )

(*) See the video at 7’16

(**) See the video at 7’22’’

Brother David Splane, member of the “Governing Body” need to be reminded of:

The Watchtower, September 15 th 1936 page 276 , par. 10b

“If The Watchtower publishes anything that is not supported by the Scriptures,do not give heed thereto. The Watchtower endeavors at all times “ to prove all things” by the Word of God. The faithful anointed ones well know whether the points published are supported by the Word of God or not .”

Greetings to all,

J.C.MacHislopp

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Bumping!!!!

• Ding
    Ding

BTTT to remind us all that the "faithful and discreet slave" (FDS) keeps changing its mind on:

• Who the FDS really is
    • When the FDS was appointed
    • What authority Jesus gave the FDS and when

Seems to me they have built their house on shifting sand.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit