F&DS New Light Official JW Statement

by konceptual99 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

The new light (TM) is on JW.org. Not had time to digest it but it's looking pretty much whathas been divulged already. Looking forward to seeing the responses from the forum and the brothers and sisters now it's in the open. Interesting that it comes out on the web and not the WT. perhaps the GB realise the web makes it impossible to keep this contained.

http://www.jw.org/en/news/events-activities/annual-meeting-report-2012/

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

A PDF version of the official report can be downloaded from JW LEAKS.

jwleaks.org

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

this is amazing ! i wondering how long it will take to get around.

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

Surely a landmark moment. 'New Light' via the website.
    I suspect that they hope most of the rank and file miss this . . .

I wonder if they are actually going to put this in the Watchtower.

As usual, the HUGE implications of this will be lost to virtually all JWs.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Welcome the new and improved watchtower papacy.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

yeah it seems they want this to be poured slowly maybe thats why they waited a month to post it and it will be a while before its in a publication. they most be worried what would happened if it all came out at one time to the whole jdub community

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

I'm betting if you shoved that under the nose of 99% of JWs they wouldnt bat an eyelid and would insist that that is not any sort of "new light" and is what they have been taught for the last many decades...

I'm tempted to try it on my own nearest and dearest, but believe the outcome will be as above plus the added negative of them casting me in a negative light for even mentioning it.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

This 'new light' is fairly obviously an attempt to distance themselves from the teachings of Charles Taze Russell. (Strictly speaking, it is indeed more accurate to say Rutherford was the founder of Jehovah's Witnesses anyway after he co-opted the Watch Tower Society and some of Russell's Bible Students.)

The Watch Tower Society has previously claimed (particularly throughout the 1980s and 1990s) that "The Watchtower has consistently presented evidence to honesthearted students of Bible prophecy that Jesus’ presence in heavenly Kingdom power began in 1914" (The Watchtower, 15 January 1993).

The Internet has made it extremely easy to disprove such claims by showing quite specifically that Russell actually believed Jesus' "presence as Bridegroom and Reaper was recognized during the first three and a half years, from A. D. 1874 to A. D. 1878", that "The year A. D. 1878 … clearly marks the time for the actual assuming of power as King of kings" (both quotes Studies in the Scriptures Volume III [Thy Kingdom Come], 1911 edition, page 239), and that Armageddon would "break out with suddenness and force not long after October, 1914" (The Watchtower, 15 May 1911).

So because 'the jig is up' with their claims about Russell, it would appear that they have decided it is in their best interests to simply cut ties with him instead. (It is also possible that complaints have been made by extant Bible Student groups about the Watch Tower Society claiming Russell as a JW.) In keeping with this, Charles Taze Russell hasn't been mentioned at all in any JW publications since 2009.

That's not to say they will never mention him again, but it is quite likely that in future if they do refer to him, it will be in the same manner as others such as William Miller, and not as someone they consider to have had their god's approval. Though with 2014 looming, it is fairly unlikely they will focus on much of anything from the long-gone 19th century. (Similarly, references to 1914 have been way down in post-1990s JW literature compared to the 1990s and earlier.)

(Of course, now that the FDS has been 'identified' as the Governing Body [which it has apparently been since 1919 even though the GB didn't formally exist until the 1970s], they should be able to front up to court in Victoria, Australia for the Unthank "working with children" case. Unless they're still claiming the 'slave' still doesn't actually exist.)

• maisha
    maisha

What a feeling to be anointed. Called by holy spirit.

Simply to be a Domestic slave!.

Are YOU JOKING?

• solomon
    solomon

I have just read it quick. I think they have opened a box full of many questions with this new light and have backed themselves into a theology corner.

They are creating a third class in their heirarchy. The fds(gb), regular joe and jane partaker, and the other sheep. They will have to rewrite many books.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit