It is OFFICIAL they want MORE MONEY : NEW ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

by raymond frantz 104 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• blondie
    blondie

Based on the years my husband and other family were accounts servants, a small minority donated more than $50 every month. It was a struggle to pay the utilities, the mortgage if there was one, and later into the repair/keep up account. Without open accounting like tithing, many jws will never donate...they have nothing to lose. Property does not generate monthly income unless it is rental property. The WTS needs a monthly cash flow like they did back in the when the rank and file paid full price for publications and the WTS investments were viable.

I will say this many non-profit corporations have means for individuals to invest with them and pay less tax on it. But who has money to invest....every jw is told to cut back and struggle on a pittance.

• blondie
  • undercover
    undercover

So I guess maybe it's a COBE letter, or maybe a local request for $$ to support an Assembly Hall project that the elder messed up by reading it as a request for the whole WTS.

Or a complete misunderstanding on the part of the person reporting it to us...

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

So I guess maybe it's a COBE letter, or maybe a local request for $$ to support an Assembly Hall project that the elder messed up by reading it as a request for the whole WTS.

Sir82

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

The Service Meeting had a "Local Needs" part this week. It could be that this was the topic chosen in the OP's congregation and an older letter or article was read or cited.

• sir82
    sir82

Yeah, that must be it.

It's not that the WTS is asking publishers for "extra" money. They're asking the congregations to send in any money that is just sitting in the congregation checking account.

That's old news - The WTS did that years ago.

Probably that congregation's local needs part was about how the OP's congregation was going to be sending in their extra $$$.

So it seems the OP was just not understanding what the part was about.

• grumblecakes
    grumblecakes

can anyone comment on the part in the OP where he said "local anouncements were abolished'? what exactly does this mean? when did that happen?

• blondie
    blondie

grumble, the WTS shortened the school and the service meeting to add in a shortened congregation "bible" study at the KH. It's just a way of cutting back on time...most info is on the info board and the WTS figures jws can read it there.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/227230/1/Reduction-of-Announcements

• raymond frantz
    raymond frantz

It wansn't a local needs item it was an out of the blue announcement for individual RF and not the congragation ,I will get the letter from the noticeboard on sunday and give more information

• raymond frantz
    raymond frantz

I was the Cong Accountant and the donation from cogragations to the Society is old news but this is different ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit