It is OFFICIAL they want MORE MONEY : NEW ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

by raymond frantz 104 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• a watcher
    a watcher

alanv, I have to disagree with you. I believe JW's do represent Jehovah, albeit imperfectly.

True, we are no longer directly under Mosaic Law, but it gives us a clue about Jehovah's preferences, so that we can reasonably apply them to our modern day.

The worship of Jehovah will never cease from the earth, with or without money.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

@Splash: Ah, my bad, thanks for the correction. I have to say that I find that fast change in accounts report policy very amusing. How many panicked COBE phone calls to Bethel did it take to get that policy amended, I wonder.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

A watcher, There is no way they represent God, at least not any more than other half-way decent religions. Everything that supposedly makes them unique upon the earth is not unique at all. There is no way they passed any inspection in 1919 or whenever they claim. Their founder was not even part of the Slave. I know it is comforting to believe that God chose an " Organization/ Corporation " to represent him. You are hoping that the org has just went astray like Apostate Israel. The Christian era put an end to all that. It's the Jesus show now, like it or not. Jesus know his individual sheep regardless of which organized religion they are part of.

• elderelite
    elderelite

just as an aside, i wouldnt bash th OP on this. I take it at his/her word that the announcment was made and i have heard similar made from time to time locally. What i do think is that it is for a local project, be it KH or Assembly Hall or similar and the OP simply mistook it for an organization wide thing.

• alanv
    alanv

awatcher I do respect your view, but what is it you feel makes them special. They have 100% failure rate when speaking about the future. Their child abuse policy is woefully inadequate. They chose to suck up to the UN while in their literature they call it a wild beast and Christians should keep well clear of it. They have been saying we are in the last days for 130 years, and yet the world is in a much better situation than it was 130 years ago. The good news they spread is that soon God will destroy 7,000,000,000 people on the earth but that is ok because they deserve it.

More and more they are asking for money from their members with special litersture available to show how you can leave anything to the Watchtower when you die, rather than your loved ones.

Not exactly enticing is it to join these clowns.

• iarts
    iarts

We had an announcement about a letter being received concerning contributions/loans/donations ... something like that. The letter wasn't read out. We were just told it was on the notice board. I never bothered to read it.

Sorry I can't be more specific, but when I hear any mention of contributions, my eyes glaze over and I switch off (even more than usual). I can confirm that we got a letter though...

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Blondie posted the link to their Charitable Planning blowchure. In there it briefly described "conditional donations." It's usually included in their annual pre-Christmas "send us money" ragazine farticle, too. That sounds like what's described in the OP. Of course, there is no interest paid. And it becomes WT's best interest that you die suddenly without designated beneficiaries.

• a watcher
    a watcher

alanv, they are special because, flawed as they are, they know the way to Jehovah; and Jehovah offers everlasting life.

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

a watcher, that's the muslims, bro....you may be on the wrong side of the fence

• a watcher
    a watcher

DATA-DOG, I don't believe that Jesus' sheep are scattered within dozens of conflicting religions.

There may be a stray sheep here or there, but I believe the vast majority of true Christians are already united in one religion.

Jehovah and Jesus are extremely well organized.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit