WT February 15, 2012 - Financial security & retirement plan main concern with Dubs

by bats in the belfry 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

Then, by WT definition, they won't be part of the 'great crowd' any longer.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    A public speaker made a point of this a while back. He quoted a friend who had told him " I used to see myself as marching straight into the New World - but now I realize that I will get there via "the underground" "
    The sad thing was that everybody laughed.. they think it funny that their expectations have been dashed. I cannot understand that .

This is absolutely true - it is the result of about a hundred years of false "the end is tomorrow" prophecy.

I doubt that more than 20% of them really, truly, believe that they will live to see Armageddon any more - they are just going through the motions and fully expect to grow old and die like everybody else does.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

so now that they are aware of arriving, "underground", where the hell is the financial planning. It's like cattle to the slaughter

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth
    so now that they are aware of arriving, "underground", where the hell is the financial planning. It's like cattle to the slaughter

My wife's father has to continue to work because he for one thought that he was 'walking right in'. Now he continues to do back room work at a retail store in his later 60s because he has nothing to retire on.....it is a crying shame and a sin.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

An elderly brother that we knew lamented that he wasn't so concerned about surviving Armageddon as he was about surviving until Armageddon.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

@ron. Hey man do you have any proof of the Society using congregation donations to play the stock market? It just sounds a little out in left field.

• Splash
    Splash

@problemaddict

click here and look for Watch Tower Society under the list of investors.

http://www.hedgefundintelligence.com/Product/13793/Forthcoming-Events/InvestHedge-Forum-2011.html?ElementId=9679

Splash.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This is another way to prevent you from enjoying your material things. Is attending a boasting session going to contribute to your well-being later? Or, would it be better to work during it, skip it (you probably heard the same rubbish a billion times before), and spend or invest the money on things that will later help you? For example: You skip the evening boasting session. You take home enough money to buy 2 ounces of silver from doing it, and you get that silver. Do that 52 times a year, you get 104 ounces of silver. In the course of 20 years, that adds up to 4 monster boxes worth. Which can be significant if hyperinflation erodes your savings and the job market turns against you.

Or, you skip 2 boasting sessions to work. With the money, you are able to buy a high-power lantern, 6 NiMH D batteries, and a battery charger that charges NiMH D batteries. A month later, you skip another boasting session, with which you buy a Fenix carry light and a pack of NiMH AA batteries. Then, the lights go out. Your lantern and flashlight work, your batteries charged, and you are able to get through the storm without much more than having some real fun. In the meantime, Brother Hounder who took this article to heart was stumbling, and fell down the stairs in the dark and landed on one of his children because no one could see anything. They land in the hospital, and have to skip 2 months' worth of boasting sessions and work. Now, who is better off?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit