January 2013 Watchtower - HAVE JEHOVAH’S WITNESSES GIVEN INCORRECT DATES FOR THE END?

by TheStumbler 40 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jam
    jam

The anxiety they creat. Luke17;21-22 look !! here it is

or there, that creat anxiety. Look, he,s coming soon,

we are so close. That,s why the Rf are taking so many pills

to maintain their sanity. Why can,t they just drop it.

Who do they identify as the false prophet today ?

• Ding
    Ding

What they don't say is that if it weren't for the fact that so many people bought into Russell and Rutherford's unequivocal date proclamations, the organization would be nowhere near the size it is today.

Likewise, with Fred Franz' 1975 hype.

The organization's growth has been based on false premises and false prophecies.

• Darth Rutherford
    Darth Rutherford

Jehovah’s Witnesses have had wrong expectations about when the end would come. Like Jesus’ first-century disciples, we have sometimes looked forward to the fulfilment of prophecy ahead of God’s timetable. (Luke 19:11; Acts 1:6; 2 Thessalonians 2:1, 2)

Well, folks, in the very least, they ARE admitting that the end times have approached. Jesus warned his followers to NOT follow those saying so: "Look out that you are not misled; for many will come on the basis of my name, saying, ‘I am he,’ and, ‘The due time has approached.’ Do not go after them." (Luke 21:8)

So much for their apologies... anyone who follows them will be misled.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Bloody lunatic reasoning, basically saying that they have made mistakes in always saying that the end is near but that they are justified in continuing to say the end is near because Jesus said to "keep on the watch". Don't they realise there is a big difference between being prepared for the end versus continously crowing that the end is oh so near and just around the corner.

Clowns. What did Jesus say at Luke 21:8 !?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

"Lying generally involves saying something false to person who is entitled to know the truth..."

Why isn't everyone entitled to the truth?

• Splash
    Splash

"Lying generally involves saying something false to person who is entitled to know the truth..."

Why isn't everyone entitled to the truth?

This is the definition of Theocratic Welfare. You get to decide who is entitled to hear the truth, and if you decide they are not then you are not lying when you deceive them.

Splash.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

The old pregnancy gag. My wife was put on the stage to illustrate that point. She was probably eight months pregnant. Did she know when the birth would be? No but it would be soon.

That baby is nearly 40 years old now. Hmmmmm!

• puffthedragon
    puffthedragon

I'm no expert, but if my girl was more than a couple weeks overdue and her doctor kept saying "Its ok, don't worry it'll be here soon enough" I would think about getting a second opinion.

• flipper
    flipper

The quote, " But we are more concerned with obeying Jesus and saving lives than with avoiding criticsm . " Translation : " We are more concerned with OUR ( WT Society ) interpretations of the time of the end and recruiting new members $$$$ than with avoiding criticsm. "

This statement tells you all you need to know about the WT society leaders arrogance and know-it-all attitude. . Peace out, mr. Flipper

• Pterist
    Pterist

*****Would your average rank and file witness be aware of theocratic warfare? Is it still taught? ****

The older rank and file would know....

It is taught NOT in black and white, but IN apologetics.

Shalom.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit