JW Tragic murder was by JW

by snare&racket 75 Replies latest jw friends

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Yes isn't it interesting how subtly the cong tries to distance themselves and dispose of Holt by stating he was "irregular". Because any regular attending JW could not possibly ever commit such a heinous crime, so predictable. Looks like it wasn't Satans evil world that caused this tragedy after all as all of my phony JW facebook frieds have pretty much blamed this on.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I've been seeing stuff popping up in my Facebook feed about this, JWs posting stuff like 'oh this terrible world' and 'if everyone were JWs there would be no murders'. Well yes, there would, actually.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

@ Jamie - That was a very beautiful and touching video.

Whoever made it, did a wonderful job.

-Aude.

• sir82
    sir82
    'if everyone were JWs there would be no murders'. Well yes, there would, actually

Ah, but if he commits a murder, then he wasn't a real JW.

• scary21
    scary21

Wasn't there pics of holt getting married in the KH? Do they marry irregulars at the KH ?

• haboob48
    haboob48

Just watched the press conference........the mayor about cried, the family spoksperson acted as if he was giving a talk! KOIN.com I think it was.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Didn't read through all of this thread yet, but did anyone read the JWs statement? First of all they want to make sure that everyone knows that Jonathan Holt was an "irregular meeting attender". Also, did anyone notice that the statement was written VERY poorly? A lot of punctuation was missing, and the grammar was horrible. Must've been one of the janitor elders...

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Just watched the press conference........the mayor about cried, the family spoksperson acted as if he was giving a talk! KOIN.com I think it was.

Shit! I noticed that too! At first I thought it was an elder, the way the guy was crying, and there's his name and MAYOR next to it at the bottom of the screen. The guy was definitely broken up. Yeah, the spokesperson was like an automaton.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree
    Christ Alone: First of all they want to make sure that everyone knows that Jonathan Holt was an "irregular meeting attender".

This is of course heart wrenching whatever the circumstances.

But it is so typical of JW's to soften any possible bad publicity for the religion.

So important to make sure everyone knew he was "irregular" that it was underlined and in bold print.

Both Holt and Heichel also attended the same Jehovah's Witness church, the woman's family confirmed Monday.
    "We were completely shocked to find out that Jonathan Holt, an irregular attendee of our meetings, was arrested and would be in any way tied to this case as a suspect," the family said in a prepared statement.
    The family's statement underlined and applied bold face to the word "irregular."

http://www.king5.com/news/crime/Suspect-and-murdered-Gresham-woman-attended-same-church---175267291.html

• steve2
    steve2

um, let's do something radical: Allow the authorities, including the judicial system, to follow due course. There's no denying the tragedy, but to feed off it in order to either criticize or champion the witnesses is ill-judged...at least until the "facts" are in.

I take it that in the States a man (or woman) is innocent until proven guilty?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit