2012 annual meeting notes

by lostinthought 100 Replies latest jw friends

• lostinthought
    lostinthought

Sorry for the wait guys...

part one

Moorse had the opening comments talked about historic annual meetings.

then came a video update on international buildings in other countries. They showed some hall that were built in poor countries, but the cong has to contribute to the cause.

there was a video on the international conventions held this year, then came the interviews with some couples that went to branch school currently wives are now allowed to attend the school also

then came the part about the special public witnessing project that has been featured on jw.org streets in major cities now have carts with books and mags staffed with pioneers doing 12 hour shifts. Currently the program is in la, NYC and Chicago it will soon be offered to branches world wide. The co in charge of this project was very emotional during the part and was tearing up, others around me were crying...all I was thinking was cult! Reminded me of Steve Hassan when he spent hours selling roses on city streets.

then Caleb made a return! They were gushing about the great movie. Because we have to "fight for the hearts of our young ones" Caleb will be on jw.org monthly for 1min videos or songs starting jan. also showed one of the new videos, Caleb will not steal lollipops cause he wants to be jabs friend.

First part was boring...then the new light came.

Jackson, loch, herd, lett (this man looks crazy), pierce all give a symposium i won't bore you with details since most already know about this but to sum up: Based on Matthew 24:45-47

1. When does the slave appear? Last days, during the presence of The Lord

2. Who is the faithful slave? Small group of anointed brothers during Christ presents at headquarters who make and dispence spirtual food(governing body)

3. Slave appointed in 1919 after the cleasing of the temple, russel was not a member of the faithful slave the slave was only taking shape in his day

4. Domestics - anointed and other sheep, those who are fed

5. All anointed to sit on thrones when ruling in hevean

then came the year text Josh 1:9 be courageous and strong jah is with you, next year the annual meeting will be streamed to assembly halls

hope these make sense, sorry I posted so late

• elderelite
    elderelite

TY for sharing lost in thought! Taking one for the team is always appreciated.

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

Armageddon wont be next year if the pricks are already planning on streaming the next annual. Hopefully Michigam is playing that night too. Fred Franz creativity/imagination/delusion is really evident now that he's dead and we're stuck with the pretenders btw.

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

ditto to what EE said, thanks lostinthought!

• DarioKehl
    DarioKehl

So to clarify, Jesus Christ is the mediator for only these 8 men. Is that right? Am I making a mistake anywhere? That's the official doctrine now? If that's the way they're going to go with this, it's time to start calling them out! ...WOW.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

... russel was not a member of the faithful slave ...

WTF?!? He WAS the F&DS at the time! (Or at least that was the "Present Truth" at the time ... lol).

Lostinthough: Reminded me of Steve Hassan when he spent hours selling roses on city streets.

Exactly. Like the Hare Krishna in suits and without the cool music.

• MC RubberMallet
    MC RubberMallet

Thanks lostinthought!

• cult classic
    cult classic

So Russell is not a member of the Faithful Slave class?

Now they are throwing the founder of Watchtower under the bus?

Nice !

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Thanks for the notes!

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

2. Who is the faithful slave? Small group of anointed brothers during Christ presents at headquarters who make and dispence spirtual food(governing body)

3. Slave appointed in 1919 after the cleasing of the temple, russel was not a member of the faithful slave the slave was only taking shape in his day

4. Domestics - anointed and other sheep, those who are fed

That is a dramatic change, even if they have been working towards it for several years. Finally they admit only the GB have any power and the rest of the anointed and other sheep are similarly irrelevant whilst on earth.

DarloKehl So to clarify, Jesus Christ is the mediator for only these 8 men. Is that right? Am I making a mistake anywhere? That's the official doctrine now?

I dont think that is what the change leads to. The Watchtower says that Jesus is only mediator for those that are of the new covenant, not only the Slave. All the anointed are still considered of the new covenant, so still have Jesus are their mediator. So there are still a few thousand people out of the 7 billion on earth that it applies to.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit