Stevie Nicks thread

by littlerockguy 31 Replies latest social entertainment

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Absolutely love Rhiannon but of course it is about an "Old Welsh witch" so as I am a good JW (god you can almost smell the b++ls++t through the electrons) I have never heard or listened to the song.

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

LRG: " Life has been dull, exciting, perplexing, awesome, mindblowingly good (at least 2 hours one Sunday morning a few weekends ago) and as usual. Enjoying herb, wine and Stevie Nicks music at the moment. How you been??"

All of the above! Except for the Stevie Nicks part as I'm watching the Rangers game and I'm out of herb. I cleaned out my closet last weekend and I found a bag that Travis (Valis) gave me about five years ago. It was at an Apostafest in my house (you might have been here) and he made eye contact from across the living room, winked at me, and then stuffed a cigarette box filled with weed into my couch cushions. I chucked it into the closet later that night and forgot about it. Do you think it's any good? lol

Crumpet is talking about visiting here in the spring. I'll keep you posted. And I want to hear about your Sunday morning, please. ;-)

• littlerockguy
  • Leolaia
    Leolaia

OMG I get extremely emotional thinking back to "Rhiannon". It is associated with some pretty heady childhood memories, and listening to it is like stepping into the tardis and winding up in 1976. It's because of that I don't listen to it very often because I don't want to lessen the impact.

I feel that way about "Gypsy" too. God, I feel that way about most of Fleetwood Mac's late 70s early 80s songs I heard all the time. I remember in the car with my mom in 1978 driving back home after the Sunday meeting and "Don't Stop" was on the radio and it was a warm, sunny day and we were singing along together....moments like that can't be forgotten....

• still thinking
    still thinking

I love 'Gypsy'...and I agree, so hard to pick just one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-H5sShQmhPI

• still thinking
  • smiddy
    smiddy

I`m a big fan and I just love anything SN or FM put out

smiddy

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

This song takes me back to 1982

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JW063E1_v3g

LRG

• littlerockguy
  • ballistic
    ballistic

I play a few of her songs on the piano, she's known mainly by Fleetwood Mac fans over in the UK.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit