"Normal family affections and dealings" continue - If only?!?

by LHS123 57 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LHS123
    LHS123
    I am new to this forum - it is only a couple of weeks since I have allowed myself to acknowledge and research my doubts. I am trying to be ‘fair’ by reading both sides of the story and considering JW official explanation of confusing matters.

One of the issues I have been looking at is shunning - and I was shocked to see the misleading information about shunning on the Jw.org website:

What of a man who is disfellowshipped but whose wife and children are still Jehovah’s Witnesses? The religious ties he had with his family change, but blood ties remain. The marriage relationship and normal family affections and dealings continue.

Since this is the only example given of the affects on a family of disfellowshipping, this clearly implies that ‘normal family affections and dealings’ continue in all families affected by disfellowshipping but we know that is far from the case - in fact a recent WT even told parents not to use EMAIL as an excuse to communicate with disfellowshipped family members. (wt 1/15/2013)

Really upset to see that any member of the public might read this thinking, "oh that’s reasonable, it doesn’t affect family ties" when we know for sure that is just not true. Shocking.

I am sure this has been mentioned before by seasoned members - but thought it might help someone else like me.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    Yeah. They actually recently revised the faq on shunning. Previously it was much more misleading. It still is pretty misleading though. Another part that's clearly deceptive is that they say that people are only disfellowshipped for breaking the bible's moral code. But many here have experienced that you can easily be disfellowshipped for imitating the bereans that Paul gave such high praise to. Not to mention a whole host of other things not condemned by the bible (smoking, birthdays, associating with DF'd family, etc. etc.)
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette
    The fact is: the WT leaders are liars. Plain and simple. They present a false, misleading facade to the public and have very different practices among their members. In addition to this being evidence of their glaring hypocrisy, it is also proof that this is a high-control, authoritarian cult masquerading as a legitimate religion.
  • The Searcher
    The Searcher

The Org's definition of an apostate is pretty clear - if you openly disagree with anything which the self-titled, self-proclaimed, self-elevated, & self-promoting governing body says via its various methods of disseminating "present truths", then you are an apostate and deserve to be cut off from all whom you love!

Currently there are approx. 9 million people worldwide who are having a "Bible" study with J.W.'s.

Such ones should be warned about the "small print" in the T&C's before they sign up to be a volunteer recruiter for JW.Corp.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

This is why we say they speak out of two sides of their mouth. This statement looks normal to two people

1. People who are not witnesses and see this as them not shunning without knowing the semantics
    2. Witnesses fully brainwashed who don't see how this statement is misleading

It's only once you wake up you realize they are brilliantly masking their true actions. They are hiding it to the public and it's camouflaged to the rank and file.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

The shunning practice is the main reason why I have left. When you walk around Europe you come to realize the shear amount of people who have died for the freedom of expression; in someway, the entire land has bathed in blood, battling for the right of the people. Then, JW turn around and deny these very things to its members... it is despicable. JWs imposes laws dictated by a select group man and call it theocracy all the while freely admitting that they are not "inspired". They bring a dictatorship within democracy and call it "religion".

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

LHS123...the one thing the JW's do GREAT is talk out both sides of their mouths. They also say that they are the most loving group of people on the face of the planet. As a family, we know differently.

I know this may not be the case with every Circuit overseer but the majority walk around like little demi Gods. I have watched my entire life these "appointed by Holy Spirit" men act like God just spoke to them and sent them from above.

Ask your self this. In Ephesians 5:3 it says , " Let sexual immorality and every sort of uncleanness or greediness not even be mentioned among you, just as is proper for hole people." I find this scripture funny because it seems the JW's talk about Sex more than anyone else. See a pattern here? I have sat through meetings and assemblies and wanted to crawl under the seat because of some of the sexual acts being mentioned from the platform, while my little ones were listening.

Remember the figure of speech from Hamlet "The lady doth protest too much". It is a figure of speech to indicate that someones frequent attempts to convince others of something has helped to convince others that the opposite is true. That describes the JW's to a tee! It may also be described by the work Hypocrisy. This is the main reason we left then we learned TTATT and will NEVER go back!!!!!

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

I am not df'd, I am inactive but still go through the meeting motions for the spouse. My family found out (from me like an idiot) I was critical of the org and god in general. i have been df'd by my entire family. During this time I heard it said to me or my spouse "using the word shunned is an apostate word"... while there it is in print. I was also told by someone I have been so close to for 35 years "I am not shunning you, I just won't do anything with you socially, I wont follow you on social media, etc, but I AM NOT SHUNNING YOU, we just wont do anything together again"...

See how effective the org is?

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

FMF: I was also told by someone I have been so close to for 35 years "I am not shunning you, I just won't do anything with you socially, I wont follow you on social media, etc, but I AM NOT SHUNNING YOU, we just wont do anything together again"...

JW's lie to everyone, including themselves. They are completely dishonest about who they are and what they believe, even to themselves.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Oubliette
    yes, as someone wise once said
    lets review: it's a cult

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit