disfellowshipping and suicide

by LyinEyes 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Farkel
    Farkel

Lyineyes,

I'm sorry to hear of your tragedy. Many others have heard me state the following, but perhaps you haven't:

"The Watchtower religion is a religion who thinks the best way to help their own wounded is to shoot them."

Farkel

• chezza
    chezza

So sorry for your loss lying eyes, i know how it feels to feel trapped and think suicide is the only way out, the wtb&ts do have alot to answer for.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

(((lyineyes)))

I'm so sorry to hear about your lost, no matter how long ago it was, it is still a big hole that can't be filled by anyone else.

Be there for your kids. XOXO

j2bf

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

[[[[[Lyineyes]]]]]

How heartbreaking is that? It just makes me SO angry and frustrated the more I hear about the tragedies that result from Watchtower treatment.

And....... it just keeps ON and ON, while the JWs smugly sit in their righteous cloak of judgement on those who left Jehovah's "Ark of protection.

DAMN!!! There isn't anything HATEFUL enough that I can WISH to happen to the Watchtower Society!

Shredded families and ruined lives;
    The WBTS has MUCH to answer for......

Hugs,

Sunspot

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

>>I guess not going door to door or attending meetings anymore is considered a "sin" now. But you know what? During the time when things were going lousy for us - I was first on bedrest for a month because of a threatened miscarriage, then after the baby came incapacitated with depression and anxiety attacks, my husband lost his job, my 3 kids got chicken pox one after the other (9 weeks of missed meetings because someone was always contagious), a back injury followed by a car accident and neck injury - NOT ONE of "the friends" even lifted a finger to encourage us. Nobody called. Nobody visited. Nobody gave a flying f*ck. And then when we get on with our lives without them, they have the AUDACITY, the GAUL, to say that we "turned our back on The Truthâ„¢". They have the BALLS to say that it wasn't anything they DID that caused US to leave THEM. In a way, they're right - they didn't DO anything. But in DOING NOTHING, they didn't make us want to stick around either.<<

Scully,

I can SO relate to this! I, too, got the cold shoulder for months due to two unrelated conditions that hit me at the same time. The last few meetings that I went to, I was "back" on crutches again, after going through a bout in a wheelchair, crutches, and then remission.....and back on crutches again when this all happened.

It just HURT so bad, cuz I was always there for everyone else when I was ABLE bodied, fixing meals, etc, all the things one DOES for others, which I DIDN'T mind DOING at all, but when *I* just could have used a phone call (I DID get a card from an elderly sister) but several JW families have to go right by here to get to the KH, so they HAD to feel "somewhat" awkward going right past, knowing no one gave a crap about stopping in when they WEREN'T rushing off to a meeting, ya know?

I misspoke here......I got one call per month at the end of the month...to see if I had any FIELD SERVICE to report! GRRRRR

Actually, the last meeting I went to, it was made known that a man who'd been studying for about a year or so (I had JUST seen him and talked with him the previous day) had been found that night---he'd shot himself with a pistol. It hit me SO hard, I came home and bawled for a long time-and I couldn't even say WHY it affected me that way, I didn't know him WELL.

I can pinpoint the fact that THAT incident was the beginning of my journey out.....I began to "peek" at H2O and arjw, but was still defending the religion, which led to a lot of links to apostate (LOL) websites and some informative <grin> discussions.

And STILL no friendly visits, phone calls or cards from my "friends", then the summer came and went--nobody called to see if my grandson (lives with us) would like to go swimming with the KH kids, or do ANYTHING with them (what did HE do to be snubbed?) and it burnt me up inside. Of course, if I'd been an Elder's wife.......

I wrote to the Elder's in October, to tell THEM how I felt, and that I didn't deserve this treatment after almost 30 years, and I had some serious thinking to do about a lot of things especially the lack of love I was definetly feeling and that now it was MY choice-to be left alone-until *I* chose to go back to the meetings again or not.

They couldn't get over here fast enough or often enough-now that I PREFERRED to NOT "enjoy their company". It pissed me off even MORE!

It's all about control-THEIRS-and I STILL resent it even now.

As for the "time" I'd like to "report"?

I've spent MORE time "whole-souled" in WARNING people about the Watchtower Society, than I did going door-to-door trying to INTEREST people in JOINING the Society! LOL!

Annie

Shredded families and ruined lives;
    The WBTS has MUCH to answer for......

Hugs,

Sunspot

• Tinkerbell4125
    Tinkerbell4125

After surviving my father's suicide, and coming out of the *truth*, I've finally found some peace. I deal with my j.w. and non-j.w family on and off. I've learned not to react to them anymore. I know their mind sit. I know their limits. Hell I know what their thinking and saying behind my back. I use to be just like them!!! I ex'ed myself a few years back when reality hit me in the face like a two-by-fore. It's a long story, but I will say....the elders have no training in dealing with the mentally ill...someone that suffers from depression. My father *who completed suicide* was always told and had the belief *even though he was a j.w.* that he was depressed because he wasn't spiritualy strong. If he would go to the meetings and quit smoking and bla bla bla, he wouldn't be depressed. Well, he would try it...for awhile....get a study going again...stop smoking...then stop and start all over again. Now I realize, now that I realize alot of things, I too suffer from depression, I have bpmd...I'm bi-polar and my father was also. Only back then, what the hell was bi-polar! His V.A. doctors would load him up with valium and he would wash them down with his friend jack. Needless to say, it didn't go well together. I could write a book! The time he got drunk and pissed off and knocked the one and only Christmas tree we ever had, over....tossed the t.v. out the front door...it rolled down the front lawn and the mailbox stopped it from rolling in the road! Oh the cherrished memories of my j.w. childhood. Mama would load us up in our station wagon and off we'd go to the kingdom hall!!!
    Looking back, my mama did the best she could. She's dead now. My father should have been treated for depression and mood swings. My siblins should be in treatment with me, but to them I'm the *crazy* one because I went into treatment and in the process educated myself and learned about the org. The elders couldn't wait to get their hands on me. They were so pissed that I went to *worldly* doctors and not meet with them. It's a long story. Maybe one of these day's I'll have the strength to write about it, but for now, I've moved within a two hour distant from all of my family. I keep a low profile. Find some peace and contentment with my family here within these walls. I'm very thankful for this site. This has been a soft place to fall many times for me. Tink =:o)

• Tinkerbell4125
    Tinkerbell4125

opps....so sorry..in my post, i said my father *was* a j.w.
    ***correction*** my father was never a j.w.

I need to proof read...I know I know...sorry bout that!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit