Jehovah's Witnesses Watchtower SUICIDE . How many JW suicides can you recall?

by Anti-Cult 62 Replies latest watchtower medical

• smiddy
    smiddy

I know of 2 certainties , one was a young woman who played the piano at our wedding in a kingdom hall , the other was a young brother in his 20/30`s ? very sad .

smiddy

• oldlightnewshite
    oldlightnewshite

I know of one person who was a JW, I also knew a non JW

The JW killed himself over guilt and left a wife and child, the non-JW killed herself because she had depression.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

I know of at least 5. Two were in their twenties, including a pioneer, from a neighbouring congregation and one was a close friend and MS in his early fifties...

• nuthouse escapee
    nuthouse escapee

Personally knew 5 of them. 1 hung himself (late 20's); 2 carbon monoxide in car ( one was 40's father of four, the other 20); 1 electrocuted herself (unscrewed light bulb, finger in socket standing in pan of water. Had attempted before with pills & wrist slashing) 1 by running her car into an oncoming transport truck ( 20, pioneer, left note)

Also sister 50's attempted by driving car into a river. Rescued by passerby & taken to hospital. Spent time in psych ward.

Personally had more than one attempt. Hospitalized. Grateful I wasn't successful. Feeling unworthy and not good enough eventually takes its toll on people. You become desperate and feel like there is no other way out of the darkness. By the time one reaches that point you really don't care if you live or die. You just want the emotional and mental turmoil to stop. -Leslie-

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

Knew of at least 3. Two from self-inflicted gunshot and one from intentional drug OD.

LRG

• MC RubberMallet
  • hoser
    hoser

and they still want money after your gone

• SophieG
    SophieG

3 successful, 1 attempted.

One of the successful suicides was a super sweet sister married to this tyrant of an elder. Supposedly she OD’d on prescription meds. But she was already suffering from depression and I think her hubby was an ass to her in private. They found her laid out on the bed, “sweetly sleeping."

Well he remarries this sister 20 years his junior and now she is a total basket case. I think the only thing saving her is the kid they have together. He is an ASS!

• BlindersOff1
    BlindersOff1

More everyday

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

I know of several, sadly.

One of the most horrible was an elder who blew his head off with a hunting rifle in the hallway of his home, in front of his family.

My own aunt (dad's sister) was an ex-Gilead missionary who drove herself into the mountains near Salt Lake City, UT, doused herself in gasoline, and set herself on fire.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit