Satan cast down from heaven in 1914????

by NeverKnew 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

So, give me credit...

Last night I had a discussion on spirituality with my JW friend. Our last few conversations, I didn't have the hang of the "line of questioning that gets them to think" technique down. The only question I found myself asking was "ARE YA' KIDDING ME????" at the top of my lungs.

Last night I stayed pretty calm and listened to the ridiculous stomach churning answers I was being given. I took part of the script from Steven Hassan's book and mentioned adherents of other religions having "the truth", being told that others in the world would not gain salvation - only they, the shunning policies of these groups as a direct result of questioning their leaders, the leaders being directed by God... I think that's it.

I then went into 1914 and asked how the leaders knew the JWs were chosen (yeah... I know, they got the message in in the 30s or 40s, but I didn't want to veer off as I have before). He talked about

the Israelites and how their leaders had been chosen and somehow likened it to the JWs,

the organization being structured as the Israelites and 1st Century Christians had been organized,

OH, and they uh.. prayed.

That's how.

I asked if it was possible that those in other religions were structurally organized and if they prayed. He said of course. *I did it... stay calm... just stay calm*

He then continued by saying that there were events that the Society understands that explains how the chronology works. I calmly asked him to try to explain it to me.

WHY DID HE THEN TELL ME THAT SATAN WAS CAST DOWN FROM HEAVEN IN 1914???????? I MEAN... FOR CRYING OUT LOUD. ISN'T THE INVISIBLE CHRIST THING ENOUGH?????

WAS HE KIDDING ME? IS THAT PART OF THE BELIEF OR WAS HE TRYING TO SOUND INFORMED AND MAKING THIS UP????

For those of you wondering, I didn't flip out. I just got REALLY sleepy and was done spending time with him.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I can't believe I really believed all this crap at one time!

Doc

• Nambo
    Nambo

Its what they belive allright, they belive Michael is Jesus, and the first thing he did was cleanse the Heavens back in 1914.

Revelation 12

7 Then war broke out in heaven. Michael and his angels fought against the dragon, and the dragon and his angels fought back. 8 But he was not strong enough, and they lost their place in heaven. 9 The great dragon was hurled down—that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him.

12 Therefore rejoice, you heavens
    and you who dwell in them!
    But woe to the earth and the sea,
    because the devil has gone down to you!
    He is filled with fury,
    because he knows that his time is short.”

They also have some theory that what happens in Heaven, ie the war in heaven, is mirrored by events on Earth, in this case the first world war, not sure which scriptures they use to get this mirroring notion from.

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

Oh no.... say it ain't so. Seriously? He wasn't adlibbing?

Every time I think I have a handle on a good bit of a topic, I get knocked over with another wtf scenario. When your brain is exploding it's hard to conceal the pain.

I am so worn out.

• Glander
    Glander

Satan inhabited the body of Adolf Hitler 70 yrs ago. Who is he possesing today?

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

Nambo: I asked him where Satan had been for the first 2,000 years. He looked at me like I was insane.

I treaded down the path of Christ returning in October months after the war had started.

I told him not to let the name of the war fool him because there were less than 20 countries involved and that right now there were approximately 196 countries in the world. Wasn't sure how many there were in 1914 but the World War did not involve the world in its entirety.

I can *feel* his brain churning. He's trying to give answers that sound logical but I did pretty well with building real life parallels to make him think about his explanations.

I just keep getting blindsided.

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

Glander: my JW boyfriend. *sigh*

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

NeverKnew,

You did a good job staying calm. One thing to try is letting something like this simmer for a few days and then coming back and saying something like "I just don't get ___________" Then shutup and make them explain it again. Sometimes if you do this it "takes" after a few attempts, and a tiny seed is planted in the mind of the JW.

It takes incredible patience. Don't rush too fast, keep offering up unconditional love. Good luck to you!

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Yes he was telling you as it is. Let me expand.

Jesus took rulership in October 194. In October, Satan was cast down to the confines of the earth. Satan has great anger at this and is working overtime against everyone and everything, hence the world has become a far worse place to live since October. We have entered the "last days", where humans are acting in a far more evil manner than ever before. We are suffering more famines, more earthquakes and more war than in any time in all of history. So there can be no doubt that these events occurred in October 1914.

World War 1 started in July 1914. Why did it precede the October event? Possibly Satan was trying to create a diversion, so people would not notice what was happening in heaven.

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

Awww LG, thanks :)

It's out of love that I'm doing this. This love is not just for him. When a poster on JWN is hurting or angry, I feel so much pain for all of you, whether in or out of the organization.

When I'm tapping on his spiritual shoulder, all of you are in my thoughts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit