Rumor Elders Will Receive Name Badges For Every Meeting.

by HelpMeBelieve 58 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Of course, you are not permitted to wear your name tag

How the hell could they stop you?

That's it. I'm going to start wearing a name tag to the kingdom hall whether this rumour is true or not.

The one flaw in this plan is that it involves actually attending the kingdom hall again. Damn.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They already have trouble getting me to wear an embarrassment badge at the Grand Boasting Session. I simply remove it once I am out of range of the group--and that was when I went at all. I would never wear one of those things simply for a regular boasting session, and for sure not while out in field circus.

Which is one more reason to not go at all. If they are going to start requiring embarrassment badges for regular boasting sessions, that is a good reason to stop going. I would rather stick with Satan--no embarrassment badges with Father Satan.

• Londo111
    Londo111

I'm skeptical about this. But I've been known to be wrong beforeā€¦

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

we used to have badges for ushers.......... no name on them though

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

Probably someone overheard that badges are worn during the elder school, and it somehow morphed into elders recieving name badges for every meeting.

• sir82
    sir82
    How the hell could they stop you?

Keeping in mind this is all hypothetical, and is extremely unlikely to ever be put into practice....

They couldn't - but if you are DF-ed and want to return, disobeying the elders in this would be viewed as a sign you are not yet "repentant".

I.e., if you were DFed and wore your name tag to the meeting you'd never be reinstated.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    I.e., if you were DFed and wore your name tag to the meeting you'd never be reinstated.

Tell them you've been reinstated, they must have missed it, how else could you be wearing a name badge? Turn it round on the bastards.

• sir82
    sir82

Not really in the mood for an argument as much as you are, and again, this is all hypothetical and 99% certain not to happen, but...

"Tell the elders they must have missed it"?

Elders can be pretty dumb, but they are capable of knowing who is DFed and who is reinstated in their own congregation.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Yeah but they must be wrong. Look at the badge. The badge don't lie.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Well, since the Dubs always claim everything they do is Bible based, which scripture says that all elders shall wear a small piece of cardboard pinned to their chests with their name on it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit