2. Has anyone read The "Road Less Travelled" by Scott Peck, and what did you think?

by dreamgolfer 5 Replies latest jw friends

• dreamgolfer
  • James Brown
    James Brown

I listened to it n Audio tape several times plus I have the book.

I think it was/is good for a recovering JW to reprogram their brain too.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

It was a highly recommended book. The book originally published in 1978. I read it the 25th Anniv. Edition.(same book as 1978 with an intro from author M.Scott Peck) I hated it. I found it completely boring. But, I think it had to do with my timing (I started to read it while my mother was dying) and I was not ready to leave the "TRUTH". At this stage I might give it another go-around.

I read another, published in 2009, that I liked entitled "You Unstuck" by Libby Gill that I related to moreso. It 's more of a coaching, with tips and self-evaluation.

And a quick read but also recommended is: "Who Moved My Cheese?" An interesting take on how we can accept life's changes and move forward in the form of a parable.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

Scott M. Peck wrote a lot of books; he went pseudo-religious and teamed up with a nun for one of his books, I think. The Road Less Travelled is a good book if you want to learn how to categorize people and to identify personality faults in yourself and others- but it is not a helpful book if you need to solve your problems. It was written back in 1978; you can probably find a copy at a car-boot sale for a dollar… that is about all it is worth, lol.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

The first 2/3 was great.

• dreamgolfer
    dreamgolfer

thank you, the CHEESE BOOK is great too!

I agree first 2/3's of RLT is good

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit