There's a pattern emerging

by stillin 23 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• stillin
    stillin

The congregation that I am associated with pledged a monthly amount for the construction of a new Assembly Hall. After it was built, that was where we went for several years, even though it was the farthest-away place we had ever had for our circuit assemblies.

after a few years, lo and behold, our congregation is assigned to a new circuit where (surprise!) a new Assembly Hall is in the early stages of construction. So, being ever-so-faithful, the congregation pledges a monthly amount to help out. And the new Hall is even further than the one that where we have been going!

Guess what! We are now assigned to yet another circuit! And guess what again! You got it! They are building a new Assembly Hall and it's even farther away than either of the other two!

yeeeehawwww!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette
    Now that you've recognized the pattern, what do you think it means?
  • rebel8
    rebel8
    It is so disturbingly selfish for them to be building assembly halls in areas where there are plentiful facilities available for rent. Wasteful and selfish.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Assembly halls are just places the WTS brainwashes people with fear and ignorance and then take some money

from them so they can again brainwash people with fear and ignorance, but in a nicer place.

The WTS has focused a lot in recent times on real estate transactions to build up its financial assets.

The cultivation of money is still present with the WTS., so are lies corruption and ignorance to create that money and power.

• stillin
    stillin
    Now that you've recognized the pattern, what do you think it means?

It means that I should sell all of my stuff, give the money to support the Kingdom work, and take my uneducated ass to live on the street until the New System gets here.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Stillin: it means that I should sell all of my stuff, give the money to support the Kingdom work, and take my uneducated ass to live on the street until the New System gets here.

I do hope you're being sarcastic!

Because I think it means this organization is a real estate pyramid scheme disguised as a religion.

Let's review: It's a cult!

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

I think it means you need to start enjoying your money instead of giving it to these greedy/unloving/unrealistic money grubbers.

We decided to enjoy our money we work hard for and it's a blast. Oh yeah...and no more dressing up on sunny 70 degree weekends and sitting through mind numbing talks. What a relief!!!!!

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

The buck stops with the congregation's Body of Elders - because it's these lowlife pseudo-Christians who rubber stamp the fleecing of their brothers & sisters, by "recommending" the acceptance of every proposal which their masters in Brooklyn send to them!

The vast majority of Elders will do anything for "Mother"!

• brandnew
    brandnew
    Money, money, money, money........moooooooooonnnnnjneeeeeeyyyyyyyyy.
  • brandnew
    brandnew
    Its like this; when they ask who is opposed to sending this fixed amount, and you raise your hand......ummmm your against, thus an appostate, thus ousted....ALL BAD ! ! !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit