by cedars 57 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Gayle
    Gayle

thx Calebs,,wonder whose next,,which next branch is getting "lopped?"

found this picture of the Puerto Rico Branch:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/73215818@N00/256818973/

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Recently, for example, several of [Jehovah's Witnesses] smaller branch offices were merged to simplify the work of oversight and to improve efficiency in accomplishing the preaching of the good news of the Kingdom. (Matt. 24:14) As far as legal requirements permitted, national barriers were ignored when such consolidations were made. That is yet another visible proof that Jesus Christ as Jehovah’s rightfully enthroned Ruler is breaking down human barriers, and he is the one who will soon “complete his conquest”!—Rev. 6:2. - w2012 12/15, p. 28, para. 18

When they open a branch it's "proof" of God's blessing and when they close one it's "proof" that Jesus is ruling in heaven.

What a joke.

Seriously, yesterday at my work two auditors came to inspect our records. One was American and the other was Indian. The Indian was even wearing a turban with his business suit. It was actually very stylish! So was his neatly trimmed beard. Neither of these men killed each other while inspecting our books. Does this not prove that Jesus is ruling in the heavens and "breaking down human barriers"?

Of course there was that beard thing. Probably Jesus will have to kill him at Armageddon.

What a joke. Oh, I said that already!

• LoisLane looking for Superman
  • Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Looks like they're down to 86 branches...

• LogCon
    LogCon

m

• cognac
    cognac
    Does anyone know if this map is being kept up to date?
  • Alfred
    Alfred

Not sure Cognac, but I just saw a new post about the Indian Branch closing in a few months... So I guess they're down to 84 or 85 branches?

• thebrokenkite
    thebrokenkite

The Italy branch’s status may be revisited, though, as it has been over and over during the last few years. A failed attempt to sell the facilities in the outskirts of Rome and relocate to Imola saw the Italian branch falling under the oversight of the branch in Selters, which also now does their printing. Basically, they’re no longer autonomous (besides the GB, obviously), do not produce any literature, and must look to Germany for decision-making approval. I think this is also due to ongoing struggles for the branch to meet the GB’s standards, leading to the temporary, and later permanent relocation of US and Canadian Branch Committee members to sort out WT business in the boot. Pat LaFranca, for example, spent a year there despite his very poor Italian.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit