1. According to one scholar, when did the apostle
    Paul preach from house to house?
    for the sake of the good news." (1 Cor. 9:19-
    23) This would have included arranging his
    affairs to go from house to house when it was
    most productive to do so.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Thank you for this highly needed spiritual provision once again.

• moshe
    moshe

On why evening witnessing might be good to try (nobody is home during the daytime, especially, men) -- "householders are often more relaxed and willing to converse""" on pg 1-

Hahhhaaaahhhhaaaa- Nobody wants to intererrupt their evening rest, TV and Monday night football to talk to JWs!!!!

• moshe
    moshe

JWs might find it kinda scary talking to housholders who sleep in late----

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

1 According to the book Daily Life in Bible
    Times, the apostle Paul typically shared in
    the house-to-houseministry "from 4 p.m. till
    far into the night." We do not know whether
    this was Paul's actual schedule, but we do
    know that Paul was willing to "do all things
    1. According to one scholar, when did the apostle
    Paul preach from house to house?
    for the sake of the good news." (1 Cor. 9:19-
    23) This would have included arranging his
    affairs to go from house to house when it was
    most productive to do so.

Hmmmm, lets take a look.

1 Corinthians 9:19-23

English Standard Version (ESV)

19 For though I am free from all, I have made myself a servant to all, that I might win more of them. 20 To the Jews I became as a Jew, in order to win Jews. To those under the law I became as one under the law (though not being myself under the law) that I might win those under the law. 21 To those outside the law I became as one outside the law (not being outside the law of God but under the law of Christ) that I might win those outside the law. 22 To the weak I became weak, that I might win the weak. I have become all things to all people, that by all means I might save some. 23 I do it all for the sake of the gospel, that I may share with them in its blessings.

Nope. Nothing about going house to house. In fact, that passage has no support for anything that the paragraph says, just another example of Watchtower dismal scholarship with some of the usual bait and switch. Also, there is no mention of the name of the alleged scholar. Evidently, another celebrated Watchtower scholar has been at work.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Can the Organisation verify this statement as a proven?

If not, then I am speaking to shame them - practice what you preach, and don't publish information which has absolutely no relevance to a Christian's way of life. Whoever is responsible for this trash should be removed from writing articles and be given a stern talking to.

That's how a congregation B.O.E. would deal with someone quoting drivel as if it was inspired!

I'd like to counter-claim - the apostle Paul worked at making tents wherever he went, in order that he he wouldn't be living off fellow Christians. Only when he'd earned enough to pay for his daily needs would he go and talk to people about the Christ.

Now that's in the Bible - but to use a fanciful quote from a Bible "scholar" which has no Scriptural basis whatsoever.............. and then to use it as an example for evening witnessing............????????

"Test the inspired expressions".

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Can the Organisation verify this statement as a proven fact?

If not, then I am speaking to shame them - practice what you preach, and don't publish information which has absolutely no relevance to a Christian's way of life. Whoever is responsible for this trash should be removed from writing articles and be given a stern talking to.

That's how a congregation B.O.E. would deal with someone quoting drivel as if it was inspired!

I'd like to counter-claim - the apostle Paul worked at making tents wherever he went, in order that he he wouldn't be living off fellow Christians. Only when he'd earned enough to pay for his daily needs would he go and talk to people about the Christ.

Now that's in the Bible - but to use a fanciful quote from a Bible "scholar" which has no Scriptural basis whatsoever.............. and then to use it as an example for evening witnessing............????????

"Test the inspired expressions".

• Gayle
    Gayle

Paul went preaching house to house around dinner, to get a dinner probably!

Really as a child I went in service usually with my dad,,hated it,,people were eating dinner etc. I found it embarrassing as it was intrusive I felt, plus going in dusk/dark was eerie. Now, if some start going, it won't last,,especially for the females,,they won't like it. At least there was admission, that no one is home during the day.

Sounds desparate,

Can You Offer Your Home?

Some congregations combine groups

for service on the weekend because

there is a shortage of homes in which

to meet.

Avenue to getting a Bible Study, is with attenders at Meetings already???

Turks & Caicos increased 7 more pubs. for peak,,(where's the fireworks!)

U.S.,,no increase about anything, except for pioneers.

By the way, why are pioneers increasing so much? The hour requirement has been 70 hours for quite some time now? Since, pios. are increasing as is, I don't expect that requirement to decrease until the pio. numbers start decreasing.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Thank you, Atlantis!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit