The MYSTERY of the Society's BETH-SHAN secret cult compound

by Terry 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

When I became a Jw I had no previous knowledge of any Jw history. Everything was new to me about the wtbs and so never in my wildest imagination did I even consider many things I later found out. I look back now and realize I didn't ask questions that maybe I should have but truth is stranger than fiction.

• Terry
    Terry

The family that tutored me in JW ways had the down low on a lot of the historical faux pas of the Society. They told me about them

and just chuckled like, "Oh that's so cute."

Cognitive Dissonance of a high order.

• Terry
    Terry

Was just sitting at a red light with a convertible next to me. Their radio was on.

.....in the middle of a religious program I caught a snippet of conversation in which the words, "Jehovah's Witnesses" and "Beth-Shan" but--the car drove away without me knowing what the hell the CONTEXT was!

I turned on my radio and kept chaning stations both FM and AM but couldn't find anything.

I wonder what it was all about?

It made me find this topic I started awhile back so I could post this on it.

ANY IDEAS? 99% of active JW's have never heard of Beth-Shan but maybe have heard of Beth-Sarim.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

I never saw this when it was posted, this is just incredible.

A compound!

How David Koresh of the judge.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Beth Shan does not seem to be intended for the Bethel family, it is in CA and does not seem large enough to house more than the Judge and his entourage.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

I agree pistoff, and this created by non other than the "direct and only mouthpiece for God, the FDS" according to the WT society.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I wonder how much disclosure the WTS. under Rutherford put out about the two properties while they were being used and developed ?

Its strange that the JWS back in the day didn't blink a eye in how Rutherford lived within his lavish lifestyle as being their spiritual leader.

Which brings up how other religious charlatans get a way living like multi-millionaires today and yet people still dump money toward these people.

• *lost*
    *lost*

great thread

• gma-tired2
    gma-tired2

I grew up as a JW in California and this was never mentioned. Hiding JWs history. Isn't this what they critisized the Catholic Church for?

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

I was raised a witness, born in the '50's, never heard of either Beth Sarim or Beth Shan.

Never read anything in print, or heard anything at all discussed either at meetings or in private about these 2 crazy building projects.

P

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit