Official link of the Disaffiliation of the Watchtower to the UN

by TheScientist 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• kepler
    kepler

The Scientist,

Thanks as well. I took a look at that link and downloaded a couple of items.

A couple of years ago when I was given home instruction for much of the fall and winter, my instructors spent some time discoursing on the evil and illegitimacy of the United Nations. I had no idea what that was all about, save perhaps it was guilt by association with the League of Nations or that as a world wide governing body (excuse me), it had the temerity to even try. I never did get the full background; just the nods of assent by his two junior colleagues.

I don't know if this is faulty memory about a previous discussion or what. But I went back to the JW organization "letterhead" looking for one of the counsels who might have performed some UN-related activity. Ms. Carolyn Wah was the individual I was thinking of. She had published several papers on international affairs and minority rights, plus a supposed academic analyses of the WTBTS from a not very academically objective position.

But I did note that between the period of 1992 to 2001 when the NGO membership was active, associate counsel Wah represented the Society in litigation for the frozen assets of JW victims of Nazi concentration camp imprisonment.

www.swissbankclaims.com/pdfs_eng/WatchTowerBible.pdf

The assets were held in Swiss banks and the litigation proceeded via the US district court in New York, probably just blocks away from the Brooklyn headquarters. A lot of the argument in behalf of award to the society were based on things that an NGO might do.

Do you suppose that it was just coincidental that this claim on assets was submitted during the period of UN NGO status?

Does anyone know how that was resolved?

And, of course, were there other activities understaken of a similar nature (1992-2001)?

• TheScientist
    TheScientist

kepler,

I really didn't know this.. Very interesting.. I will ask in our Brazilian forum about this matter.

Farkel,

Exactly.. Omission also is dishonesty! However if people uses blood, they may go to JC and then be DF.. i.e., this is a sanction, not automatic, but possible (VERY POSSIBLE)..

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

As you and I and any other informed person knows....

My understanding is that the latest position is that, if a Dub breaks the Blood rules they are considered to have DA'd themselves .... no JC, or DF required, and an announcement can be made.

If the UN PDF disappears, it is archived on the Wayback Machine

• 3dogs1husband
    3dogs1husband

help it is not working for me????

• yesidid
    yesidid

That link just brings me back to this thread.

• TheScientist
    TheScientist

Is not working? I've tried just now and it's valid..

Try again:

http://search.un.org/smb/secf10.un.org/DigiLib/$/DigitalLibrary/Dig/www.un.org/dpi/ngosection/pdfs/watchtower.pdf

Otherwise, try searching direct on UN site.. type Watchtower in the Search field.. It's very easy..

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Great! Thanks!

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

But we can flee from Christendom spiritually by abandoning her worldly, untheocratic system of things and thus get out of her danger zone, leaving her to her fate and having no part with her in her adulterous connections with the United Nations and any other political and commercial system of this old world.

1953 The Watchtower, 9/15 p. 565 par. 2

• still thinking
    still thinking

Bumping this thread for all you wonderful lurkers and anyone else that hasn't seen it...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit