The 144,000 chosen ones...I'm so confused

by SoManyQuestions 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Will Power
    Will Power

YK SAID:
    However, since Christ and the 144,000 will have life in themselves and will no longer be dependent upon Jehovah to support them in any way, they will be able to do whatever they want to do. Having life in themselves means that they could impart life to other creatures like the Creator himself.

So in the end Jehovah will be taking the back seat? No longer almighty? Just another pea in the pod? OMG is that really what you are saying? Will you be found worshipping many gods and goddesses during that time?

Now that looks like a circle of life. Back to the good old days eh?

• You Know
    You Know

Kennison asks:

Let's look at Rev. 14. Oh, yes, "Mount Zion," that's symbolic. "A Lamb," that's symbolic. 144,000--now that's literal according to JW's. "Name written on foreheads," that's symbolic. "Four animals," that's symbolic. "The elders," that's symbolic. "Not been defiled with women," that's symbolic.
    If all else is symbolic, why not the number 144,000?

Okay, let's reason this out: The Lamb is obviously symbolic because Jonh the Baptizer identified Jesus as the Lamb of God. Mount Zion is symbolic because Paul referred to "heavenly Mount Zion." Having the name of Jehovah and Jesus written on their foreheads is an expression taken from Isaiah and Ezekiel, so that fairly evident as well. As for the actual number of 144,000 being symbolic, that is not necessarily the case. As I pointed out previously on this thread, Jesus and Paul both make mention of a full number. So, there is a definite finite number that Jehovah determined beforehand, and it seems that Revelation, as the last prophetic book reveals the actual number that had long been a sacred secret. Too, the fact that Revelation mentions that 12,000 are taken from each of the 12 tribes, as it were, also verifies that an actual number is involved.

/ You Know

• You Know
    You Know
    So in the end Jehovah will be taking the back seat? No longer almighty? Just another pea in the pod? OMG is that really what you are saying? Will you be found worshipping many gods and goddesses during that time?

I will make this easy for you, multiple choice: Are you an idiot, moron, or imbecile? / You Know

• Will Power
    Will Power

YOU said it not me!

"However, since Christ and the 144,000 will have life in themselves and will no longer be dependent upon Jehovah to support them in any way, they will be able to do whatever they want to do. Having life in themselves means that they could impart life to other creatures like the Creator himself."

This must be when ....every knee shall bend, .... didn't know this included the annointed as well.

As for 144,000 being a FULL number. The full number of anything means ALL. which fits with ...ALL who believe in My name......

• Will Power
    Will Power

waiting........

• You Know
    You Know

Wilt Power said:

YOU said it not me!

That is a lie. You made the imbecilic comment that Jehovah would take a back seat. That's not what I said. The reason your comment reflects abject stupidity is because those 144,000 & one that are granted life within themselves would NEVER do anything to detract from Jehovah's glory. That's the point. That's why Jehovah's granting them total independence is in order to shut the mouths of Satan and his goons who charge that Jehovah and his creation are not really totally trustworthy. / You Know

• Will Power
    Will Power

You stated that they all would be able to create life as the creator!

• Sargon
    Sargon

I guess I must be an imbicile too!! I fail to see the difference in the statements 'Jehovahs granting them total Independance' and 'Jehovah taking a back seat'. Please enlighten me, you know, so we can bow to your superior intellect.

Imagination is more important than Knowledge. Albert Einstein

• Will Power
    Will Power

There will be no explanation to that statement.
    We must endure the name calling while we patiently wait for the ship to veer another way......
    or is this a classic example of running ahead
    or going beyond what is written.
    Yep better get back into the boat.

• You Know
    You Know

Sargon sasys:

I guess I must be an imbicile too!!

I won't argue that point.

I fail to see the difference in the statements 'Jehovahs granting them total Independance' and 'Jehovah taking a back seat'.
    Just because you proclaim your mystifcation doesn't mean that the two ideas cannot be harmonized. That the case of humans: Jehovah endowed humans with the ability to become procreators by giving us the ability to pass on life by becoming parents. Does that mean that Jehovah takes a backseat in the creation process? Of course not. He is still recognized as the ultimate source of life, at least by enlightened individuals anyway. The act of imparting life brings glory to the God who enabled lesser beings with such a profound gift. Take the example of Christ, who from the beginning has been at Jehovah's side as a master worker. Does his prominence as a helper and Lord take away from God's glory? Not at all. Jehovah is glorified for his graciousness and generosity in allowing an inferior person and created being to be honored in his place. The same is true with the 144,000. However they chose to use their powers after the 1,000 have ended Jehovah can be absolutely confident that they will always give him the honor and glory He deserves. Even if such ones were to create something new, a new world, a new race of creatures, Jehovah would still be honored as the Supreme One who created the creators.

Please enlighten me, you know, so we can bow to your superior intellect.
    I don't know if it's possible to enlighten you, but as for the bowing, you might want to get limbered up a bit, because at some point you will be forced to bow before Jehovah's kings.

/ You Know

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit