No more 3-day DCs starting in 2013?

by respectful_observer 162 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• maisha
    maisha

One could ask WHO really controls the money?

can anyone tell me?.

I never have seen detailed acounting at a top level, of

investments,

incomes,

and expences.

If it is available please advise where.

• St George of England
    St George of England
    Certainly in the UK there is a strong trend away from outdoor conventions - the feeling amongst the higher-ups is that the days of freezing and / or getting soaked in an outdoor arena is coming to an end.

Evidently this information hasn't reached the South East of England just yet. Last weekend we endured three days of freezing cold and continuous rain at the new AMEX football ground. Not to mention parking chaos. For the past 17 years or so we had been indoors at the Brighton Centre, not ideal but warm and dry. There was no announcement regarding next year but rumour has it we are back at AMEX again next year. Attendance this year just shy of 8,000 with 11 baptised.

http://www.amexstadium.co.uk/events/jehovah%E2%80%99s-witnesses-convention

George

• dozy
    dozy

Don't forget that the WTBTS often signs ten year agreements with stadium authorities so many will have some time to run.

The baptism figures are chronic this year. Extrapolating your figure ( 11 / 8000 ) which is on trend for other assemblies makes it approx annually 30 in every 8000 being baptised - 3.75%. Allowing for deaths & faders , the number of JWs ( in the UK at least ) must be on the decrease.

• besty
    besty

* .375%

almost certainly on the decrease if that number is accurate - 11 baptized at a DC is shockingly poor...

• cuckoo in the nest
    cuckoo in the nest

At the DC in Colchester, UK back on 30th June, a grand total of 10 got sheep dipped. Peak attendance for the Saturday BS session was 4,876 and 5,367 for the Sunday. Don't have any figures for Friday as I dodged that particular bullet.

• finally awake
    finally awake

I've been saying for years that the WTS was risking a lawsuit by booking such dangerous facilities. We used to attend the DC at Roberts Stadium in Evansville, IN and it was a nightmare. There was virtually no seating for wheelchairs and everyone else had to deal with the stairs. I was always afraid some stupid sister in 5 inch heels was going to fall and break her neck. The SAd and CA weren't much better - we went to The Centre - also in Evansville, and while the facility was comfortable, the lighting was terrible. You had to walk down a sloping corridor to get to the doors into the seating area. There was virtually no light in the corridor, you couldn't see a thing and the carpet was dark colored so there was no contrast. I am surprised that more elderly people didn't fall. The lighting was bad in the seating area too, and the rows went all the way across - no center aisle - so you had to wiggle past 50 or 75 people and all their stuff every time you needed out. It would have been chaos if there had been an emergency.

• St George of England
    St George of England
    almost certainly on the decrease if that number is accurate - 11 baptized at a DC is shockingly poor...

The number is accurate, it was announced as that the following day. Several people told me it was due to having an outdoor stadium, first time in many years. Candidates are waiting for the CA/SAD so they will be indoors! The actual number present on the Sturday morning for the baptism talk was 7615.

George

• besty
    besty

that makes sense - once the other DC's start to roll through we will have a better idea if this is a trend or a blip..

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

what is most significant is the quality of people still in, and being added....

the quality of people is on a VERY SERIOUS DOWNTURN....

intelligent people are leaving in escalating numbers

there will always be people with low intelligence, or who are simply troubled souls, who will flock to a high control group that offers refuge from the real world

This is the fundamental problem facing the JW kingdom. The people basically suck.... with exceptions of course...but the trend is undeniable.

That is why the WT has no future.

If you are a JW, you seriously have to get working on a plan to get yourself, your family and friends OUT - so you can start enjoying the rest of your life.

It's never too late.

The Oracle

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Truly Jehovah's chariot is running on 2 wheels.

The Society never does anything that will benefit the "friends", they are reactionary, so you can bet that they can no longer afford the expense of the yearly conventions and/or the friends are not obeying the slave's direction to go all three days and stay in the recommended hotels.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit