No more 3-day DCs starting in 2013?

by respectful_observer 162 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JakeM2012
  • sacolton
    sacolton

I agree with Jake 100%.

• seenitall
    seenitall

Lt's get this correct - There is presently 1 Circuit Assembly (2 day) and 1 Special Assembly Day (1 day) each service year. In addition there is presently a District Convention that is 3 days and in limited areas occasionally a 4 day (International Convention - with special invite needed). This is what will happen in the future (in my opinion). Circuit Assembly will be shortened to 1 day. Special Assembly Day will remain a 1 day event. The District Convention will be 2 days. The invitation work for the Distict Convention will stop. All assembly halls will be used and where none is available, rented faucilities will be used. A massive program of enlarging assembly halls (where they can be done), and building regional assembly halls will be untaken. Already there is a push with the Regional Building Committees and volunteer workers to get ready. There is an on-line workers database and they want you to keep your passport updated, photo updated, skills and other info. updated.

Starting service year 2013 - 2 day District Conventions. We all saw this coming. This year at the Convention we had streamlined talks (almost manuscripts now) with the introductions picked out, illustrations picked out, exact interviews, etc. No extra off-the-cuff comments from Bethel speakers, COs or DOs is being allowed. If you don't comply, no more parts or you are moved to the South or backwoods.

Tighten the grips, limit the amount of rouge comments and homogenize & sanitize the info for an exact McWitness experience.

By the way, I endured many of the old 8 day open air experiences dating back to 50s in NYC.

I have seen it all.

• yknot
    yknot

Okay I am on a Service break right now....(DC campaign)

We all relaxing--2 of us with pad/netbook

All of us plan on driving home each day as nearest (singular) hotel is booked by Elders/MS/DC coordinators and Non-JWs attending/participating secular event being held on the other side of venue.... next nearest hotels are 5/10 miles away.

Asked their thoughts on us having our DC moved to AH....(same distance as DC but opposite direction)

Oldest sister shot the idea down saying 'we give a public witness through the DCs'

So if we do move the DCs to the AH...... HOW ARE WE GONNA GIVE A PUBLIC WITNESS?

(((( BTW all are okay with a 2-day DC....Fridays are nice but massively empty minus moms, MS/Elders and retirees ))))

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

Seenitall...I agree with you. Also, never welcomed you when you first started posting. So...Welcome to JWD. It's always nice to see a former "High-Up" PO/elder/bethelite here.

Nothing new...just wanted to say hi, and bump this thread back up. Come on, I know there are some lurking elders out there who can add more weight to this rumor. Sign up and join the fun. You'll be amazed at how theraputic it is to post. Have a good evening all

TD.

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

YNOT...I love that you posted while out in service. rolflmao! awesome.

• Lady Viola
    Lady Viola

You are saying that sisters have to shop for 2 new outfits now instead of 3? This will be a huge dissappointment, but will safe a lot of money. Only 2 days to find yourself a spiritual brother then sisters!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Only 2 days to find yourself a spiritual brother then sisters!

So the dresses will be even tighter? WOO HOO! Almost worth going back for. ALMOST!

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

you guys are right, there is quite a bunch left in the congo's.

Scammers, mentally disabled, mentally insane, paranoids, skitsos, depressed, stresses, panick attacked people.

I have given up going to anyplace with them. Seems like none of them wanna pay their fare share either.

The divorces and single parent families are on par with the world, but usually the wrong one stays in.

What $$$$ is left over to give in the WT coffers? The only $$$$ I see going their way is the Wills/and Estates!

• simon17
    simon17

Just to recap here: how much actual evidence is there that this is true?

Scanning through all 8-pages quickly it seems its just one person saying they heard this (and one source was a speculative JWN thread) and then a whole bunch of people saying "that makes sense".

Has anyone else actually heard this from a different source?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit