So ... what happens when we die?

by sacolton 45 Replies latest jw friends

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Dr Eben ..is ...selling...a...book.

And Mr. Dawkins, Mr. Hawkings, Mr. Hitchens, et al., aren't, dear C (peace to you!)? Here, a man who's made a career (and bucks) from being a neurosurgeon/scientist writes one book... about his own experience... has no credibility. But others... who make a career from writing books (to the tune of millions, mind you)... about their own opinions, beliefs, philosophies, etc.,... are credible.

Interesting.

Peace!

A slave of Christ,

SA (very interesting interview, dear Sacolton; I wanted to post some of the more remarkable quotes but thought... nahhh... those who will get it will get it and those who won't. But, thank you for that, truly... and peace to you!

• cofty
    cofty

salcolton you may enjoy Dr Susan Blackmore's work on NDE. She had an experinece as a student and spent half her career trying to show there was an objective basis for such experiences.

Here is a summary of her current thoughts on the subject

• talesin
    talesin

I like what he said, here:

In my view, what I think is going to happen is that science in the much broader sense of the word and spirituality which will be mainly an acknowledgement of the profound nature of our consciousness will grow closer and closer together. We will all move forward into a far more enlightened world.

Some physicists would agree. Note, I am not talking of a "god" experience, but merely a future of greater enlightenment through science and the natural evolution of the planet, and therefore, humankind.

and from Cofty's link:

In the end, it is probably a matter of personal preference whether to interpret the NDE as a glimpse of the life beyond or the product of the dying brain. In either case, the NDE deserves serious research, and the dying, the recovering, and their relatives deserve to know what we have learned. As Morse (1994) put it, these experiences can help us to restore dignity and control to the dying process. Just as NDEs reduce the fear of death in the people who have them, so they can help all of us to accept death as a positive aspect of life. Indeed, the study of life at its last limits may tell us more about ourselves and our lives than it does about death.

I have been in a coma, twice. I had no near-death experiences, or memories from the time spent in said comas.

We truly do not know. There is something to be said for the 'collective unconscious', imho. Rather than worry about it, though, I choose to accept and relish the life I have now. If there is more, I will find out some day - one thing is certain, and that is that death is a part of the natural cycle and awaits us all.

tal

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

AG - he was riding on a frikkin butterfly's wings - that is not a sane...oh hang on it's you I'm talking to. Carry on.

• I quit!
    I quit!

I wouldn't presume to tell you I know. To my knowledge I've never died before and no one I've ever known who has died has ever showed up again to fill me in. Personally I'm Christian with lot of eastern thought mixed in.

I heard this women, Dr Jill Bolte Taylor on PBS on day speaking about her book. I haven't got it yet but intend to read it. Her experience with having a stroke gave her a new persective on what life is about. This video by her is worth watching.

http://www.ted.com/talks/jill_bolte_taylor_s_powerful_stroke_of_insight.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPMYdalCyA0

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

I really don't know the answer but i ponder it daily and try to look for real evidence not just what I would like to be true or what someone thinks is true. i wil continue to investigate till I run out of time.

• justmom
    justmom

Hello

It is a pretty easy question unless you are completely anti-God and Jesus.

When you die (your breath goes out /the breath that susutained physical)and your flesh goes back to the dust of the ground, your thoughts perish and your spirit goes to the world of the dead (sheol/hades) awaiting a resurrection to determine if you have life in the kingdom. That is determined by whether your name is written in the Lambs scroll of life. (doing good to the least of Christs brothers) If not then you are thrown to the lake of fire (spiritual) where your opportunity to live is gone forever (complete everlasting darkness) The only torment (not physical) but literal is that!!!

This fulfillment takes place after the 1,000 milleneum

Now, however, if one does die that has this annointing(received holy spirit) His flesh goes back to the ground also. But HIS spirit IS alive and instead of going to the world of the dead, they are transferred under the alter of Jah! (the favored bosom positionof abraham/ like the rich man and lazarus) There to await the return of our Lord and master to be resurrected and given a spritual eternal body. That is the better/first resurrection and partake in being kings and priests.

This fulfillment happens when our master returns. Those that are ALIVE when he returns they tranfer (twinkle) so as not to see death at all. (in flesh)

So....what people will have the biggest issue with is that ALL of folks loved ones that have died are NOT in heaven. The resurrection has NOT taken place yet!!!!

Hope this helps a little

justmom

• dreamgolfer
    dreamgolfer

We become WORM FOOD

• AGuest
    AGuest

he was riding on a frikkin butterfly's wings

He saw what he could comprehend, dear Q (peace to you!)... based on what he already knew. Hence, butterflies... a girl with blue eyes. But why a girl? Why blue eyes? And dressed in form and colors he knew? Because the butterflies, girl, valley, etc., were all things he could not only recognize... but not be frightened by.) Then:

Then we went out of this universe.”

You probably missed the part (and the point), then, when he said:

“I can tell you because of the kind of content of the experience and the powerful, overwhelming nature of it and the fact that it was so complex, I think much of what I remembered from that experience, I don’t think my brain and mind could possibly manage that even now.”

For me, many of the things I’ve had the privilege to see weren’t presented all out or all at once, and I’ve stated that many, many... many... times. Rather the viewing with your own preconceived notions, dear Q, why not try pay attention, for once. Just once. Or perhaps read through something a bit longer than Dick and Jane Does JWN.

Again, peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

P.S. F or those who didn't catch it, the doctor didn't die - he had what is termed a near-death experience (NDE), which is not the same thing.

• renderme
    renderme

justmom...what about children who die? They don't get resurrected until after the 1,000 years? My sister, who is a JW, told me my son would be resurrected DURING the 1,000 year reign of Christ. I just dont know what to believe anymore.

Thanks

RM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit