Ultimately it is the child who should stop the abuse according to the GB!

by life is to short 204 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

fleaman uk - for what its worth i understand you and agree with you, Justitia and cult classic. It is a huge stretch to say that the quote from the Great Teacher book in the OP utlimately makes the child responsible for the abuse. It does not but what it draws attention to is the huge problem we have in society in general when it comes to protecting child from molestation and abuse. The sad fact is that children cannot be completely protected whether they are JW children or whether they are not. There comes a point when children themselves have to be educated for their own safety. There is no easy way to do this and I agree with those who say that the quote represents one of the most postive steps the society has taken on this issue. Parents were also at the same time encouraged to use the book to talk to their children in as loving and compassionate an environment as possible. The issue was not meant to be tackled by children on their own.

But I agree that in general the society's child protection policies are inadequate and often downright criminal. Plus there probably is at least one pedophile in each congregation but I think this is probably lower than the world at large - I offer this heuristically though based on how many of those who become Jehovahs witnesses have already been abused before they join and on how many people in general have experienced some sort of unwanted sexual contact as children.

However I do understand your passion life is too short and it must have been horrendous to have three pedophiles in one congregation. I also think that ultimatley it is the children who will stop the abuse - when they are grown up that is.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Good Morning Fleaman..

Outlaw, seriously...are you 13 years old? it would be ok if you were funny. Which your not...Fleaman

So thats your rebuttal?..LOL!!..

Your reason why there can`t be a huge Child Molester problem in the WBT$..

Is rediculas..

The WBT$

Hid their association with the UN..They hid their involvement with the USA Military..

How many people know they own stocks in..

Harley Davidson,Tobacco Giant Phillip Morriss,Microsoft,Johnson and Johson Ect..Ect.. ?

The Truth is..

The Large group of Nice JW`s don`t want to know..

The Excuses are endless..

There must be some kind of misunderstanding..

The WBT$ must have done it for a Really Good reason..

Thats Apostate propaganda..

Jehovah will fix it..Wait on Jehovah..

Ect..Ect..Ect..

Your excuse is..

"My mom and dad are nice and I know lots of Nice JW`s"..

How could there possibly be Large group of Child Molesters the Watchtower hides?..

The WBT$ has a WBT$ Pedophile Registry of 23,000+

The WBT$ has made many settlements involving Millions of dollars because..

Of Hiding Child Molesters..

Candace Condi just won a 28 million dollar settlement..

But..

None of that can be true because your Mom and Dad are nice..

LOL!!..

Nice JW`s don`t want to hear anything..

Bad about the WBT$..

............................. ...OUTLAW

• wasblind
    wasblind

Yep, Child molesters are big green scary monsters , you wont find them in any kingdom Halls

because all the people there are nice

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Is that really flea's view about this issue? If it is all I can say is "Oh wow".

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Basically I refuse to believe that the Wt land is a pedophile paradise, good people such as my parents and many many others would not be part of it, even if there was a whiff of JW policies encouraging abuse.

I don't think there is huge pedophile problem inside the JW organization, comparatively from any other religion of its size.

What is disturbing though is how these situations were handled when they did happen..

Some weren't investigated properly by outside sources, many were handled like situations of adultery or fornication

and some were simply left without any punishment because of the two witness rule or being simply denied by the accused.

And probably the most damaging aspect was that these cases were not brought forward to outside legal authorities because of elders not

wanting bring reproach upon god's solemnly chosen earthly organization, instituted accordingly by the leadership of the organization.

Today they are getting legally kicked in the ass for just doing that.

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

The JW policies protect the abuser and the abuser's 'rights' over protecting children = "pedophile paradise"

The JW policies that require everyone who knows about abuse to be silent about it = "pedophile paradise"

The org being a "Pedophile paradise" doesn't mean there are more of them in the Org, it means the JW's make a perfect 'paradise' for pedophiles where they can re-offend many, many times with little or no consequence. (although there might be more pedophiles roaming about the org than other places just because fewer of them are prosecuted there, but there is no proof of that yet, I don't think...)

• life is to short
    life is to short

A lot of people who lived in Germany during world war 2 also refused to believe that there were concentrations camps even though many of the German's lived right next door to the camps and could smell the smoke of the burning bodies. Yet they still refused to believe. They refused to believe that their brothers, uncles, sometimes even their own husband and fathers were involved with the SS. They were just too nice of people do that. It was easier to look the other way and pretend it was not true. And if someone dared to point out the smoke stack they would get mad and defensive saying that it just could not be true.

For those of us looking back it is truly amazing that people could do that could willfully be so blind, yet it is true.

It is the same today. The mom I told about the pedophlies instead of going and doing her own homework and checking the Cop Shop and the internet went straight to the attorney elder. He told her the brother did not do the crime even though he had served eight years in prison for raping a eight year old child. The elder told the sister he only took the rap so his son who really did rape the child would not have to go to prison. The brother was just being a kind father to his son not wanting his son to suffer in prison, he was kind of like David and his son Absalom.

The mom believed the elder and at the very next meeting let her little girl sit with another one of the pedophiles families while she looked daggers at me and started to shun me, even though I was still an elder's wife. She chose like many of the German's who lived in the villages did, to look the other way. Not only to look the other way but to get mad at me for even trying to warn her of the danger to her child. So many of the German's just could not bear to believe that such horrible things were being done to their former neighbors, coworkers and friends the Jew's. I guess it is human natural to not want to know when horrendous things happen even when it is right next door to you or sitting next to you at the meeting or sitting in your car while you are out in service.

It is easier to live in a happy little bubble and say well that chapter in the Great Teacher book was not that bad in fact the more I think of it, it was really pretty decent, after all it is telling the five year old to tell when someone touches her. Well the G.B. have done somethings right.

Sometimes I wish I too could have kept living in that happy little bubble but once I saw the truth, once I knew what really went on with how the child molesters are hidden in the JW' I just could not ignore that it was not happening.

Thank you Lisa for your two great posts especially the one you posted about talking with the counselor and her take on the book. How can these people refute that and say the book is still OK?

I guess Outlaw is right many people just want to bury their head in the sand.

LITS

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Lits,

Your grand emotive essays are a lovely read for the emotionally unstable/stupid. But I am afraid it still will not work with me, you see I think for myself and see for myself. Also, the man who did 8 years for rape and did it for his son? Er, not believeing that one. Sorry.

Mrs Jones,

Yep, thats my view.

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

my experience of warning parents has always been positive. They take on board my warnings and discreetly curtail activities that involve the pedophile. some have warned other parents too. we try not to sacremonger.

• poppers
    poppers

Outlaw, seriously...are you 13 years old? it would be ok if you were funny. Which your not.

His sense of humor zeroes directly to the heart of matters with a jagged and rusty blade that sticks it where it hurts the most. It's not his fault that you only see what you want to see.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit