Ultimately it is the child who should stop the abuse according to the GB!

by life is to short 204 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I didn't cull anything. I addressed each and every line that was posted.

A child who is confronted by an abuser will not be able to think clearly about their reaction to what is happening. Fear is a natural response to danger. That natural response to danger will over-ride any ability the child has to stop and think about how to respond. Thinking about it actually goes out the window and the ability to think clearly is minimized. They will often respond emotionally by thinking with tunnel vision (only being focused on what is happening) or will be externalized (this isn't happening to me). It certainly won't be "I remember what my book said. I will threaten this person that I will tell on them".

The GB or whoever wrote this probably has no kids. Most likely has never studied child development or child psychology regarding reactions to sexual abuse or other types of trauma.

When you tell a child that they should stop the abuser they will feel shame and guilty that they didn't stop him. They must have done something wrong. And that is over and above how the abuse itself makes them feel. The effects of the abuse will far outweigh their ability to remember to say NO. You are looking at a kid who could weigh 50 -75 pounds against an adult 2-3 or more times larger then them. The adult is bigger, stronger and faster. Plus it is someone they have been taught to trust. That is a lot to put on the back of a young child.

If the WTS really was interested in protecting children then they would have done better research before writing a half-baked attempt to educate children rather than something that is supposed to show how they care for abuse victims.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I know it is a waste of time to convince you there is a real problem. I am not here to try to convince you. You don't want to believe how big this problem is. Over 23,000 JWs accused of sexually abusing children and that was how big the list was 10 years ago.

I continue to write about abuse to show other people who are interested int he facts just how ineffective and just plain wrong the WTS' policy is.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

It's hard to convince some folks who aren't personally affected by something like this. They haven't been touched or their kids haven't been violated so they have no real feelings about this issue and appear sympathic towards the wt and the pedophiles but not the victims. Understandable though kinda off putting in a heartless sort of way.

• drewcoul
    drewcoul

There was nothing wrong with the advice in this article. Nothing. I am kind of glad they did it. It's not a book on sexual abuse and a comprehensive guide to all of the various ways a child can be victimized. Nor is it an exhaustive list of anyone who can abuse a child.

I think its absurd to find fault with it just because it doesn't list every tactic a molester can use or list every person who could be a molester.

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

LL with respect, did that list really exist? It wasnt just to add drama to a tv programme? Im not being controversial for the sake of it, Im genuinely convinced there is false information out there that really helps nobodys cause.

• wasblind
    wasblind

"So, idiots are resorting to name calling. Pathetic. "

Who's the idiot ???

There is no where in my post where I called you out of your name

I said " FLEAMAN WAS HANGIN' ROUND MY DOGS ASS "

I used YOUR name your the one callin' names

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

So, idiots are resorting to name calling. Pathetic....Fleaman

How Dumb would you Have to Be ..To Write That ? ..

............................. ...OUTLAW

• wasblind
    wasblind

" I think its absurd to find fault with it just because it doesn't list every tactic a molester can use or list every person who could be a molester."

Drewcoul,

there's a whole lotta fault when you incourage on the one hand and discourage on the other

why even tell , if it will be swept under the rug ????

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I've missed you Outlaw. So glad you're back.

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Go away outlaw. Your stupid and childish graphics impress no-one.

there's a whole lotta fault when you incourage on the one hand and discourage on the other

why tell, if it will be swept under the rug ????

What does that even mean?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit