Ultimately it is the child who should stop the abuse according to the GB!

by life is to short 204 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• life is to short
    life is to short

On page 171 of the "Learn From the Great Teacher" book published in 2003 it shows a picture of a very cute little girl holding a ragged Ann doll. She is sitting on a chair in her bedroom with her hand out toward a man that is coming toward her.

The paragraphs say "So just as Jesus needed protection, you also need to be protected from grown-ups-and even from other children-who may try to have sex with you. Usually, these people will pretend to be your friends. They may even offer you something it you will promise not to tell others about what they want to do with you. But these people are selfish, like Satan and his demons, and they only want to get pleasure for themselves. And they try to get this pleasure by having sex with children. This is very wrong!"

"Do you know what they may do to get pleasure for themselves?---Well, they may try to rub your sex organs. Or they will even rub their sex organs against yours. But you should never let anybody play with penis or vulva, Not even your won brother or sister or your mother or father. These parts of your body are private."

"How can you protect your body from people who do bad things like this?---First of all, do not let anybody play with your sex organs. If someone tries to do this, say firmly in a loud voice: "Stop that! I am going to tell on you!" And if the person say that what happened is your fault, don't believe that. It is not true. Just go and tell on him no matter who it is! You should do so even if he says that what you are doing together is a secret just between you and him. Even if that person promises you nice presents or makes scary threats, you should get away from him and tell on him anyway."

"You do not have to be afraid, but you do need to be careful. When your parents warn you about people or places that could be a danger to you, you need to listen to them. If you do, you take away a bad person's chance to hurt you."

I have tried and tired to copy and paste the picture on here and just cannot do it. Maybe someone who is more computer savvy can. The little girl is about four or five years old.

I took this book to my local SNAP meeting last night and showed it around> Everyone there was disgusted. I remember when I was about five and my mom was sexually abusing me I told her to STOP and her response was to get my dad involved and I was abused even worse.

Can you even begin to understand the mind trip this would have on a kid who was trying to stop the abuse? No wonder so many victims kill themselves in suicides.

Does ayone see this had wrong or is it just me.

LITS

• life is to short
    life is to short

Also I was thinking of where it says "When your parents warn you about people or places that could be a danger to you, you need to listen to them.

Like what kind of places, in the car group out in service, or over at very much loved brother Sam's house. The man that daddy says is his best friend in the whole wide world and who always has parts on the meetings. In those parts he talks about Jehovah and how much Jehovah loves him and how Jehovah is using him in the congregation.

Is that who you are supposed to be afraid of?

LITS

• sir82
    sir82

Just as there are hundreds or thousands of pages written on how to raise children written by career Bethelites who have never had children and very likely can't stand to be around children, there are also many pages on child abuse written by people who don't have the first clue about the issue.

Lack of understanding has never stopped the WTS from expounding on any subject at length.

• life is to short
    life is to short

To me it is still just sick that they would put it in print like this even if they are idiots.

LITS

• wasblind
    wasblind

What the WTS fail to see is that the abusers have gained trust

that's how they are able to do what they do

People in the Congregations have told about the abuse

it was swept under the rug by the WTS, because they

were not goin' to punish a trusted member

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hey LITS,

I pulled out my " Learn from the Great teacher book "

I see the pic your talkin' bout in the upper right hand corner

of the page

This foxfire won't let me copy and paste

And I don't have a scanner

As I looked at that pic, In reality that child would be helpless

that man would force that child to do his bidding

that's how child abuse happens, by force and coersion

• mouthy
    mouthy

Thanks for posting that. I never seen it before. So sick...

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

"How can you protect your body from people who do bad things like this?---First of all, do not let anybody play with your sex organs. If someone tries to do this, say firmly in a loud voice: "Stop that! I am going to tell on you!" And if the person say that what happened is your fault, don't believe that.

LITS, I don't see the difference between what the WTBTS wrote and any other 'resist and go tell' information provided to children at school.

http://www.cappnyc.org/programs.html

The Child Abuse Prevention Program's goal is to insure that all children receive their basic right to safety so that they can have the opportunity to grow and thrive. Teaching children to recognize, resist and report physical and sexual abused helps to keep them safe and works to end the cycle of abuse

• wasblind
    wasblind

Justitia

The difference is in the actions of the WTS, they sweep abuse under the rug

where as other institutions not only incourage a child to tell, but report it to the authorites

The WTS is lipp service only, their main concern is to protect the Organization , not the children

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

The difference is in thte actions of the WTS, they sweep abuse under the rug where as other institutions not only incourage a child to tell, but report to authorites

What does that have to do with the quote s/he posted? Nothing. The quote s/he posted was one of the more valuable things the WTBTS has ever written.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit