Very Curious, what kind of feedback are you getting from ACTIVE Jehovah's Witnesses on Candace's California Court Victory ?

by Balaamsass 51 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

I am stunned by Candace's huge court victory. It is overdue. I have been reading comments on JVN, Huffington, San Jose Mercury, NBC, and other sources. I spoke with a Jesuit attorney, and I have also called some JWs who were in service this Saturday to get feedback.

I was a little surprized by comments from "average Joes" who simply lumped JWs in with Catholics priests. My Jesuit co-worker said "your people are just trying to out-do priests!"

According to current JWs, the Sat AM donut shop talk was all about this today. One JW told me the comments were moronic, ie: " Was she in good standing?" " Those jurors must hate JWs!" " He wasn't even an Elder"- He asked:" if she was a wordly person would that make it OK ?" He was met with blank stares.

I am certain my mother will say " This just proves Satan and the WOORLLLY people are persecuting JWs, cause we are at the tipppppppppppppy ennnnnnddddddd of this system."

What are you hearing ?

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

Nuthin', yet.

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

Really what stupid dubs have to say is really, irrelevant. There are still normal people trapped in the cult who are worth saving, but there are a lot of morons that can go down with the ship and I wouldn't give a rats ass. All these fools who blame the victim and support their pedophile brother deserve to be in a cult. Fuck them and fuck their persecution complex. What matter is that this case may help victims come forth, stand up to the oppressor knowing they're not alone. This story may show the public that JWs aren't so innocent, and this case may help some studies to look deeper into the cult. What mentally retarded dubs think and say is really not important as it just infuriates the general public. Only good thing about stupid dubs posting ignorant comments how the Candace and rest will soon be destroyed by God is that the world will see these idiots for what they are, nut jobs and maybe more will slam the door in their faces.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Crickets. The jws on my FB friends list haven't said a peep and I haven't been unfriended.

• ilikecheese
    ilikecheese

Obviously my boyfriend isn't exactly a hardcore JW, since he's dating a "worldly girl," but he says he hopes they own up to it and if they don't, he'll be really disappointed. He basically said that he's hoping they say something during meeting tomorrow or next week, and that whatever they say will have a big impact on what he thinks of them. I think between my incessant subliminal picking away at JW beliefs and this stuff, he just may leave before too long! Thanks Watchtower organization; you're doing all the work for me! Now excuse me while I adoringly admire my Sparlock poster.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Nothing. Not a peep. E-mailed it two days ago - to JWs, and JW apologists, and NOTHING. Not even from someone who I KNOW does NOT like the JWs. NOTHING.

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

I'm sure that there will be some training on what to say to householders or others asking questions about the case, Damage control.

NJY

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Yeah, it will be like cancelling the home book study. When I first told the JWs I knew, they were so disappointed and bewildered. Then, when they got the party line - they drank their lemonade and parrotted the WTS reasoning.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Feedback? Where do you think JWs get their news? A newspaper? MSNBC?

If it ain't in the Watchtower, they ain't gonna know about it. (And at least 50% of them won't read it there.)

Only when it hits the JW Gossip Wire will the majority know anything about it.

Doc

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

I told my (unbaptized) son and he had no reaction...it was like he wasn't hearing it. I guess like most JWs all negative news against the WT are lies made up by apostates...reported by media controlled by Satan...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit