NEW LIGHT in latest Watchtower!!!

by The Searcher 38 Replies latest watchtower bible

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Literally hundreds and hundreds of quotations like the one below have been made, to "prove" that only the heavenly -hopers are "sons of God". (type in 'spiritual sons of God' in CD ROM)

"Jehovah forgives the error of the other sheep on the basis of Jesus’ shed “blood of the covenant.” (Matthew 26:28; 1 John 1:9; 2:2) God does not adopt them as spiritual sons, as he does the 144,000." ( w98 2/1 p. 20 par. 6)

It's nice to see in the PUBLIC edition of the July 1st 2012 Watchtower, on page 22, (in the margin & the last paragraph - repetition for emphasis!!) that we are all children of God!!! ("We can show that we look to Jehovah as our Father and that we view it as an honor to be his children.")

That makes a nice New Light for us!! (Big- time U-turn or contradiction, whichever way you look at it!!)

• blondie
    blondie

Know it is a careful deception by the WTS for non-jws. Yes, non-jws are potential children of God if they become jws and survive Armageddon and through the 1,000 year reign and successfully pass the final test by Satan. Likewise, jws have to go the same route before they are adopted as sons.

*** w10 1/15 pp. 5-6 pars. 10-13 Why Dedicate Yourself to Jehovah? ***

Remember, because of Adam’s sin, we are all born outside God’s family. (Rom. 3:23; 5:12) Dedicating ourselves to God is a vital requirement for being accepted into his universal family. Let us see why.

11 None of us have a natural father who could pass on to us life as it should be—perfect life. (1 Tim. 6:19) We were not born as sons of God because when the first human pair sinned, the human race was separated from its loving Father and Creator. (Compare Deuteronomy 32:5.) From that time onward, the world of mankind has lived outside Jehovah’s universal family, alienated from God.

12 Nevertheless, as individuals we can request that God accept us into his family of approved servants. How is that possible for sinners such as we are? The apostle Paul wrote: “When we were enemies, we became reconciled to God through the death of his Son.” (Rom. 5:10) At baptism we make a request to God for a good conscience so as to be acceptable to him. (1 Pet. 3:21) Prior to baptism, however, there are steps we must take. We must get to know God, learn to trust him, repent, and change our ways. (John 17:3; Acts 3:19; Heb. 11:6) And something else remains to be done before we can be accepted into God’s family. What is that?

13 Before someone who is alienated from God can become a member of God’s family of approved servants, he first needs to make a solemn promise to Jehovah. To understand why, imagine a respectable father who shows kind interest in an orphaned youth and wishes to adopt him as a member of his own family. The father is known to be a good man. Still, before accepting the youth as his son, the man wants the boy to make a promise. So the man says, “Before I accept you as a son, I need to know that you will love and respect me as your father.” Only if the youth is willing to make a solemn promise will the man admit him into his family. Is that not reasonable? Similarly, Jehovah accepts into his family only those who are willing to make a vow of dedication to him. The Bible says: “Offer your very selves to him: a living sacrifice, dedicated and fit for his acceptance.”—Rom. 12:1, The New English Bible.

*** w10 1/15 p. 5 Why Dedicate Yourself to Jehovah? ***

Jesus’ “other sheep” will not become sons of God until the end of the thousand years. However, since they have dedicated themselves to God, they can properly address God as “Father” and can rightly be considered members of Jehovah’s family of worshippers.—John 10:16; Isa. 64:8; Matt. 6:9; Rev. 20:5.

*** w08 3/1 p. 9 Becoming One of God’s Children ***

Children of God on Earth

Jehovah is also gathering “the things on the earth,” that is, millions of people earth wide, in order that they can eventually become his earthly children. As a kind Father, he teaches them his ways of love so that, although they are from many nations, they are harmoniously united. Even people who are violent, selfish, immoral, and disobedient to God are being invited to “become reconciled to God.”—2 Corinthians 5:20.

What about those who reject God’s invitation to become reconciled to him as his children? To ensure peace and harmony in his family, Jehovah will take firm measures to deal with such ones. There will be a “day of judgment and of destruction of the ungodly men.” (2 Peter 3:7) God will cleanse the earth of rebellious ones. What relief that will bring to those who obey!—Psalm 37:10, 11.

A thousand years of peace will follow, during which all who respond to God’s love will be progressively restored to the perfection of life that Adam lost. Even the dead will be raised. (John 5:28, 29; Revelation 20:6; 21:3, 4) Thus God will fulfill his promise: “The [human] creation itself also will be set free from enslavement to corruption and have the glorious freedom of the children of God.”—Romans 8:21.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

WT July 15, 2012, Simpleton edition

God’s children: All who are part
    of God’s family. The anointed have
    already been gathered into this
    family, so they are now children of
    God
    . At the end of the thousand
    years
    , all people on earth will also
    be God’s children

Note; will .... not are

• Listener
    Listener

That is probably a contradiction and thanks for bringing it to our attention.

There is a Watchtower Article 3/1/09 that discusses more in depth about God's children. This is some of it

"...The way Jehovah arranges his children in two groups actually contributes to the harmony of his family...The first group, 'the things in heavens' consists of the children of God who Jehovah selects to form a government....Jehovah is also gathering 'the things on the earth' that is, millions of people earth wide, in order that they can eventually become his earthly children...

Basically, they say that the 144,000 are now children of God and the other sheep will become children of God when perfected at the end of 1,000 years.

I think the current article is a contradiction as I doubt they would put that in the public magazine rather than the study one. It's because of this inconsistancy that many JWs do not know that Jesus is not their mediator, or his children.

It is very poor writing, poor research, poor understanding and poor follow-up checking.

• blondie
    blondie

Yes, black sheep, not until the end of the 1,000 year reign and they have successfull passed the "final test" of Satan.

*** w10 1/15 p. 5 Why Dedicate Yourself to Jehovah? ***

Jesus’ “other sheep” will not become sons of God until the end of the thousand years. However, since they have dedicated themselves to God, they can properly address God as “Father” and can rightly be considered members of Jehovah’s family of worshippers.—John 10:16; Isa. 64:8; Matt. 6:9; Rev. 20:5.

• sacolton
    sacolton

So until then no anointed JW should ever open their prayer to "Heavenly Father"?

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

For everyone;

(1

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

For everyone - :)

(1

Corinthians4:7) - For who makes you to differ from another?

• Room 215
    Room 215

I say we flatter these idiots when we scrutinize so carefully what they say....

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

The first time I read that the WTS believed that only the 144,000 had Jesus as their mediator was in the early 80s. I saved the wt copy but don't know where it is. That is what made me think they were liers. I believe that I read in

CoC, that Franz said many brothers were disturbed over this claim. Does anyone else remember that issue?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit