Partakers of emblems in 2010, 2011 and 2012?

by Christiana 40 Replies latest watchtower bible

• steve2
    steve2

Without intending to, the Watchtower may be "on to" something hugely perceptive for them:

You don't have to be mentally imbalanced to believe that your hope is heavenly...but it helps. Look at the composition of their governing body for starters...

• mP
    mP

Man invented God, more men invented the Watchtower, more men drink some wine, more bullshit requires more bullshit.

• Simon Morley
    Simon Morley

Does anyone know what the 2012 number was?

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

I don't believe it has been officially announced yet. A brother who's supposedly "in the know" said it was over 1,000 higher than last year, but that is only rumor at this point...

• james_woods
    james_woods
    I don't believe it has been officially announced yet. A brother who's supposedly "in the know" said it was over 1,000 higher than last year, but that is only rumor at this point...

The only rational way out of this would be for them to finally admit that the 144,000 number is in fact symbolic. But, we shall see if their stubbornness overrides their logic. Of course - one drawback would be that the GB would seem perhaps slightly less "special" if they opened the doors to partaking completely. But these increasing numbers seem to be doing that for them without their approval.

• sir82
    sir82
    A brother who's supposedly "in the know" said it was over 1,000 higher than last year

Sounds plausible at least.

If true, expect a lot more "those who partake are mentally unbalanced (except for the 7 guys on the GB - they're cool)" WT study articles to come....

• St George of England
    St George of England
    Does anyone know what the 2012 number was?

The number will not be known until the 2013 Yearbook is published early in the new year.

George

• Nambo
    Nambo

Maybe as more Witnesses get to read John Chapter 6 the figures go up, and then maybe they leave their Bibles open on the relevant page on the coffee table and other Witnesses see it and say, "hey, why have I never seen that before?, I didnt even know there was a John Chapter 6, I thought it went from 5 to 7.

Soon they will have to bring the wine in by the crate each memorial, hey!, maybe thats the reason they tell people they mustnt drink Jesus blood?

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

" The number will not be known until the 2013 Yearbook is published early in the new year."

Slight correction:

The number [that the WT wants to release to the public] will not be known until the 2013 Yearbook is published early in the new year.

• Simon Morley
    Simon Morley

I find this quite annoying that the won't let the number be known - especially since it has been months since the memorial was held. In years past there was a frenzy to get the number out - especially when it was declining. Are they buying time to come up with some form of "new light" on the reason for the 5 year increase pattern?

The declining number of annointed was one of the "indicators" of the end proximity - in many ways (for me at least) it was a factor in believing WTBS had the "truth". Does not talking about it simply hope the matter goes away? There is a huge disconnect on this matter that would be quite frightening if I was still in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit