New DVD "Become Jehovah's Friend"

by treadnh2o 364 Replies latest watchtower bible

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

Hey Peeps,

It's been a long while since I've posted (I am completely out - wife and kids still in) but thought you might this interesting.

They came home from the District Convention yesterday with the new DVD intended for kids. They popped it in right away and this is what happens:

Anthony Morris, Governing Body member begins with an introduction. He refers to the "Governing Body" three times and uses the term "we" or "our" at least a half dozen other times, all in less than 2 minutes. Additional references were made to other Watchtower publications in this same short introduction. Interestingly no reference was made to Jesus. I have always discounted references by others here that the Watchtower was eliminating Jesus and focusing on the Governing Body being the mediator from Jehovah. But this introduction really solidified this argument. It was uncomfortably weird and poorly edited.

Anyway, the DVD started and I had no idea what to expect. Holy crap! It was animated. Very Toy Story-esque, although the quality was not as high the animation was pretty good. The first thing that popped into my head was “brilliant marketing”! I was immediately disappointed that perhaps this organization created something that could actually capture my kids interest. Upon watching it the adults were trying to figure out what horrible accent the father character was using. I still don’t know but joked that they picked someone in the writing department who thought they had a Spanish, French, Italian etc., you pick it, accent. All the adults laughed and agreed. I should point out that my kids are at the targeted age for this publication. Well here was the test….

Within a minute, one kid went to his room to play with his “violent” toys lol!

One went to the computer to play games.

One grabbed the I-phone to play games

Within 5 minutes all the adults lost interest and put normal TV on.

I have no idea what to make of this but thought you all might like a story with a happy ending

Until next time,

Tread

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

The title sounds kinda creepy, which doesn't leave much hope for the DVD. Not surprised that the kiddies weren't impressed.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

Any chance of downloading some of it and positing it on here. On second thought that might not be a good idea since it might wind up on Internet and spoil the suprise before they've had a chance to release it to the clamoring public.

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

I cant make this up....

As soon as I hit send on the previos post, an Elder called me and said "Why dont you come to the drama this afternoon? Your son would love to see you here. We even saved you a seat". For real? I havent been to an assembly in 5 years! My response "Why dont I just go pick him up for lunch and not come back. No chance buddy!"

The idiot is probably coutning an hour field service time for that phone call!

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

Excellent response to his cheap attempt to exploit your child-parent relationship.

• St George of England
    St George of England

This would be great on YouTube!

George

• compound complex
    compound complex

Welcome back, tread:

Type "Become Jehovah's Friend" into Google and see what pops up about eight entries down!

All the best,

CoCo

• Gayle
    Gayle

how long is the program of this this dvd?

I am wondering with these dvds,,is it one of those things JWs will watch once and be done with it? At least with books or booklets/pamphlets that become a "study" and "comment" meeting over and over (as repitious mind control tactic), do these dvds get shown at the KH to be seen over and over again?

Sounds like your kids weren't enraptured with it, thankfully. Especially just after having to sit all day at convention, plenty much enough for poor kids. Lucky (hee-hee), your kids have you to help them develop their free minds and hearts!

Well, I would think in time the dvd will get "YouTubed."

p.s. side thought: did you get possibly, how many baptized there and attendance number? Thanks!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

"Become Jehovah's Friend"

By buying and selling his products from his publishing house the WTS. Corporation.

This will appease him well and guaranty to not whack you come his great day of judgment known as Armageddon.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Wasn't there another kids DVD released at this convention?

Listen, Obey, or be Killed at Armageddon or something like that?

Are these targeted at different age groups?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit