The best and worst Travelling Overseers in the UK

by usualusername 117 Replies latest jw friends

• cedars
    cedars

slimboyfat - Ray and Cherry stayed at our house when I was a boy! That shows you how young I am...

Do you know which Dennis I'm referring to? He moved up to Scotland if I recall....

Cedars

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I don't know a Dennis, I never really kept up with the names of the highheidyins.

And I suspect I am even younger than you.

• cedars
    cedars

Got him! I did a bit of digging and found mention of him on an older thread. His name was Dennis Green - lovely fella. It's guys like him that make people think it must be the truth.

slimboyfat - don't burst my bubble, I like to think I'm the youngest around here!!

Cedars

• cantleave
    cantleave

Thanks for the link to that old thread.

Did anyone here know what happened to the Lawton-Yorks. They were from Canada, Ex-Bethelites (maybe missionaries) had a son called Graham, and for a while lived in Dorset?

They all got DF'd and I never really found out why.

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

I cant click on the link for the old thread about C.Os......its not highlighted?

• Flat_Accent
    Flat_Accent

I remember Renouf simply for the reason no one could pronounce his last name. At one Special Assembly Day he gave 2 talks and both times the chairman mumbled out his last name: "And now, for brother Roy r eneuhfhfuh.. *cough*"

A couple of others to mention:

Edmund Curr - who reminded me of a character out of a Charles Dickens novel. He always looked down his nose at you.

Dennis Green - D.O. very friendly guy though I was too young to really know him. He stopped travelling when his wife got terminally ill. He had a very high pitched voice if I recall "As you're about to speak the man slams the door on your face. You knock on the door, and when he opens it again you say 'I love you.'"

oh lol cedars you knew him as well!

• cantleave
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

Pams girl, copy and paste the link in to your browser, I did and it works, it is a good read, brought back memories.

Edited to say, thanks cantleave, you technical wizard !

• tornapart
    tornapart

I remember John Blaney when I was a kid. He used to sit on the steps of the platform after the meeting with a huge bag of sweets for all the kids. We loved him! LOL

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Thanks Cantleave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit