The best and worst Travelling Overseers in the UK

by usualusername 117 Replies latest jw friends

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Keith Gaydon. Nominated for worst not best category.

• cedars
    cedars

Mickey - tell me more! He's the CO I would have had if I'd stuck around in the UK longer. What did I miss?

Cedars

• usualusername
    usualusername

Keith Gaydon

Wow
    Wow
    Wow

There is a story about the might Keith Gaydon somewhere on here.

Has s rep for being insensitive. Makes jokes that are not funny and then laughs. At one of his schools he acquired the nickname "Turkey Neck"

He married a much much younger woman. Kept him smiling.......

He also had an odd way to claim for expenses for each circuit visit.

Any news on Errol Flynn?

• thaisun
    thaisun

Ah, Armageddon Ernie. Drove a wonderful old car with a pre-selector gearbox. I was very impressed back then! (Early '50s)

He was famous for saying "Armageddon is just round the corner." One fellow living on the end of a street, looked out of the door to see!

• thaisun
    thaisun

Then there was Artie Hopley and his wife (Rene I think)

He allegedly became famouse for enjoying a brew: "Ah, tea!"

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Edward Mullinex anyone? Looked like Mr Bean? And the South Wales family man can't remember his name ? Ray & Cherry were a nightmare!

Loz x

• sinedie
    sinedie

What did you think of William Heath?

• BroMac
    BroMac

Bev Gibbons = boring old fart, leaned on the lectern like he was time trialing, settled in York I believe.

Jim Cleary? = arsehole, couldn't just stand behind the lectern, oh no, had to be at the side of it.

Justin Shaw = what a Legend, all CO's should be like him, actually felt like he had time for you.

Albert Storer = Think he is a DO, found him to be a very nice genuine guy. excellent speaker.

Keith Gaydon = Strange man, old school.

Michael Purbrick = Many were glad to see the back of him, but I liked him! last talk I heard him give he mentioned he was in a second hand bookshop and he came across a book by a former Governing Body member, he said: "perhaps you know the one i mean", and he was nearly going to open it, but he didn't let curiosity get the better of him. I bet he had a peek! I believe he is currently instructing at the Elders school.

George Hilton = Funny man. Very likeable.

Brent Smith = Awesome speaker. not heard many like him. I dont think he has very good health these days.

there is more but I cant remember.

All Time Fave: Paul Whiteman = From Jersey I believe originally. Only CO I have 'clicked' with, great sense of humour. Really lovely wife Collette. The only CO's wife who I remember. They made a lovely couple.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Edward Mullinex anyone?

He was OK - quite a good speaker I recall.

• St George of England
    St George of England

Anyone know of Philip Rose and his wife Lorraine? From the Isle of Wight apparently.

I haven't met him yet but he is to replace David Rastell.

George

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit